DigitalGlobe
www.digitalglobe.com Longmont, CO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great opportunities but chaotic environment

Longmont, CO

I have been working at DigitalGlobe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros-Competitive Salary (especially compared to cost of living and the range of options on safe places to live, great schools)
-Great benefits
-Plenty of PTO (if you can find the time to use it)
-Relaxed dress (jeans and flip flops are standard fare)
-Phenomenal location (beautiful mountain view, lots of road biking/hiking/skiing coworkers)
-Supervisor/Coaching training: upper management finally instituted coaching training for all supervisors and the positive change for teams is already apparent.

Cons-Dangerously dynamic environment: with the merger, new technology becoming available, and new systems ALL THE TIME, sometimes I just don't know what to expect when I come to work in the morning... you have to be a roll-with-the-punches type of person to work at DG.
-Still getting comfortable with shift workers: if you are signing up for shift work, be aware that the company is still trying to find a good balance between its regular workers and shift workers (who now amount to nearly 1/3 of the company), there are a few wrinkles to iron out.
-Certain departments are a hot mess due to flaky leadership (IT, IS, etc) while other departments seem to really provide an amazing place to work (SatOps, MCC, Production, etc)... choose wisely.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop feeding employees all information all the time. It is up to management to filter out what is important to remember and what the employee needs to know for their job. With a constantly changing environment, it grows frustrating, and impossible to remember what is happening vs what is not (especially when you are not one of the people making these decisions).

And stop promoting people based on technical excellence only - managers should have major people skills and be able to coach/lead, not just boss around and throw fits. There are quite a few unprofessional managers in certain departments.

Crazy Internal Problems & Finger-Pointing

Longmont, CO

I have been working at DigitalGlobe full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good Benefits, Adoption Assistance, Fair compensation Cons: US Security Clearance required (pain) Management Problems Big Communication Problems Blame & Finger-Pointing They actually tell you in "onboarding" that you should delete your Facebook account and that you… Advice to Senior Management: Get new management No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Nice people, but should be more meritocratic

Senior Build Engineer (Former Employee)
Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at DigitalGlobe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The benefits package is very good at this company. It had most generous PTO policy of… Cons: If you are working remotely from California, you are pretty… Advice to Senior Management: Don't be afraid to clean house with a layoff. Don't offer… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on DigitalGlobe.

Worked for DigitalGlobe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DigitalGlobe reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DigitalGlobe CEO Jeffrey R. (Jeff) Tarr. All reviews posted anonymously by DigitalGlobe employees.