DigitalSherpa

www.digitalsherpa.com
  www.digitalsherpa.com
There are newer employer reviews for DigitalSherpa

Great environment to learn about the content industry.

Former Employee - Content Manager in Norcross, GA
Former Employee - Content Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at DigitalSherpa full-time (more than an year)

Pros

2 work from home days
Relaxed atmosphere
Casual dress
Great co-workers/staff
Learning a lot about the industry, content marketing and social media without having to go back to school or pay for classes

Cons

Some clients are difficult to handle.

Continue to listen to your employees, great progress has been made by a collaborative work place.

10 Other Employee Reviews for DigitalSherpa (View Most Recent)

Changing For the Worst So It Seems

I have been working at DigitalSherpa full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Work from home one day a week
    -No strict hours
    -Not a stressful job
    -No one really bothers you if you get your work done
    -Casual dress code

Cons

Recently, they've cut back on work from home days, which really hurts the people who have to drive an hour or more to work. Changes have been made to how content is produced. I feel that the quality has gone down and the quantity of work has gone up.

I don't thing the management really is aware that people aren't happy. I think a lot of workers are dissatisfied and are looking for somewhere else to work.

When I first started, we actually got to write blogs, update Facebook and Twitter. Now, everyone has one job that they have to do over and over day in and day out. There's no variety which makes things boring.

They have a full staff of writers that aren't really used. Instead we've become like an assembly line to produce a large quantity of blog posts while sacrificing quality.

At one point, we could work from home 2 days a week to make up for low salary, but now they've changed it to one day a week and we don't get paid more money. So I think that's starting to take its toll on those who have to drive farther.

We aren't really trained or taught about SEO or how we can improve our work. It's just sad to me because I really enjoyed working here in the beginning.

Listen to your workers and care. It seems like a lot of people are leaving and no one is asking them why. They are just letting them go without fixing the problem.

career mistake

Current Employee - OCM in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - OCM in Norcross, GA

I have been working at DigitalSherpa full-time

Pros

Paycheck
    Work from home (1 day a wk - used to be 2)
    Laid back office setting... no enforced dress code

Cons

new management changes have taken this company to a new low. each person used to manage about 20 clients. now we are in teams responsible for 150+ clients. management did not take into consideration the time/effort this requires - even though we're not writing the blogs anymore. management expects everything to get done on time AND within high quality standards. sorry folks, both are not possible. you wonder why clients are cancelling, demanding refunds and are unhappy overall. YOU PUT US IN THIS HORRIBLE SITUATION. THIS WAS A BAD BUSINESS DECISION AND YOU NEED TO OWN UP TO IT. overall, clients were satisfied BEFORE you came and screwed everything up. but no. management wants to make it look like the employees are incapable of handling the new work load. how about YOU come sit at my desk for a week (hell, even a day!) and let's see how efficiently you can manage 150+ clients. this was never a great place to work, but new management has succeeded in making it worse. we're expected to put in tons of overtime w/ no extra pay. everyone is scrambling to find a new job.

LISTEN to employees when they tell you that things aren't working. we're the ones on the front lines and we have good suggestions as to how it all can be fixed.As management, it's your job to implement a solution, not watch your employees crash & burn

There are newer employer reviews for DigitalSherpa