Digitas

There are newer employer reviews for Digitas

Great People, Hard Work but Fun

Current Employee - Manager, Project Management in New York, NY
Current Employee - Manager, Project Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Digitas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people, lots of diversity in works activities, can shape your own path if you are good.

Cons

Have to be forceful in career navigation, can get political. Management not completely in tune with day to day activities and promotions not always based on merit

330 Other Employee Reviews for Digitas (View Most Recent)

HR is terrible and the Executives are just as bad. I can't wait to find a new job and get out of here!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Digitas full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Salary and benefits are good

Cons

I'm curreny looking for another job and can't wait to leave Digitas as soon as I find one. I've suffered through over 2 years here and I'm shocked by what goes on behind the scenes that outsiders don't know about. The only way to succeed at Digitas is if you kiss the Executives' butts and don't disagree with anyone. To get promoted, as many have stated on their Glassdoor reviews, you have to kiss up to the right people and you are "in." I was pleased to recently have heard that the word is getting out about what a bad place it is to work.

Equally disturbing is the HR department. I have stopped going to HR with concerns because they have been completely inappropriate and unprofessional. If they haven't had a huge lawsuit on their hands already, I'm sure they will very soon. I'm constantly hearing stories how employees walk by HR and hear the HR head talking badly about current or ex employees on a daily basis. This agency is bad news and I'm counting down the days until I can leave.

My advice would be to really listen to the complaints inside the agency. I realize they may not get past HR, but the Executives can take pulse surveys periodically to get anonymous feedback. Also, get a new HR team.

At times, it was just nasty

Former Contractor - Designer in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Digitas as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

-Exposure to the industry. It's got a decent reputation.
    - Reasonably intelligent/smart co-workers
    -A few of them were also helpful and team-oriented as well (only a few though).

Cons

- Petty middle and upper management politics
    - A general atmosphere of fear and insecurity (It seemed like a lot of even full-timers were looking for freelance work).
    - Lack of respect and a deep-seated cynicism. This may be also due to the silo-ed nature of most people's positions and the work flow process.
    -All of the above leads to: lack of communication between departments and thus breakdowns in the project development process

It's not the 90s anymore. There are new sheriffs in town and other digital agencies out there with smart people and processes, minus the ginormous, undeserved egos. Get with the program.

There are newer employer reviews for Digitas