Dignity Health

www.dignityhealth.org

Profits and budgets are priority over staffing and patients.

Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) Arroyo Grande, CA

ProsCatholic Healthcare West has given me such an incredible educational opportunity. I've learned so much on the job since earning my CNA license 2 years ago. They offer multiple classes to earn further certifications, and pay you for every hour you're in class. They give 100% education reinbursment for furthering your medical education at a college, including pre-requisites for the RN program. You are automatically given 100% employer paid benefits, and can choose amazing benefits above and beyond what they'll pay for, for a small bi-weekly premium compared to other companies. As a full time employee, you accrue 6+ hours of PTO/VACATION and 4+ hours of SICK pay every 2 weeks and can use your PTO when flexed or called off for a low census.

ConsAlthough there is definite job security in the medical field, the downside of working for a hospital is when there is a low census (or very few patients), staff gets called off and flexed off. In other words, your shifts are completely dependent upon the number of patients in your unit and your hours are not guaranteed. In addition, CHW staffs their nurses based on their financial situation, not based on patient need. Consequently, it leaves staff very shorthanded and overworked. Management has no control over the budgets that the head honchos give them, therefor, they also have no control over the staffing needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice for senior management is to strongly re-evaulate the budget allowed for each unit in every hospital. I think management has a strong financial background, but having not been in patient care, they don't understand actual staffing needs. I advise every person in a Senior Management position to work 1 entire shift in a nursing unit such as a Medical/Surgical floor, so they can see the reality of the nursing shortage first hand. In addition, I would recommend to look beyond their numbers and dollar signs, and see the patients and nursing staff being affected by them, while especially considering CHW is a non-profit organization.

Catholic Healthcare West IT Department

Previous Contractor (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Dignity Health

Pros: Money. The IT department pays well. Also, there was plenty of time to take off early or come in late. Schedules are very… Cons: There is a lot of secrecy and politics. Also, there is a siloing problem, where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand… Advice to Senior Management: Spend more time planning and less time putting out fires. Also, if… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

CHW Bakersfield needs to look at what is happening inside the hearts and minds of its employees and really care.

Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Dignity Health

Pros: Good compensation and benefit package. Cons: Very disatisfied employees. Inconsistent management styles between upper and lower levels leading to this disatisfaction. Lack… Advice to Senior Management: Value your longterm employees and allow them some input into decisions that affect them and patient care. Job shawdow to see how each area… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dignity Health.

Worked for Dignity Health? Contribute to the Community!