There are newer employer reviews for Dignity Health

It was a wonderful hospital years ago

Former Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Dignity Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lovely and hard-working staff. Huge commitment to patients and families.

Cons

Hospital census continues to fall leaving a sense of "quiet desperation" with the staff. More expected with limited staff.

Need more testosterone!

reviews filtered by

Anything but "Dignity"

Current Employee - Supply Chain in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The mission intent is admirable and they do good works for the disadvantaged, flexible schedules/telecommuting, decent benefits.

Cons

Everything else, every day, all day long.

Most managers are at best unfriendly and condescending. At worst, and more commonly, managers are utterly incompetent bullies, creating a toxic, secretive, emotionally tense, politically charged, us/them, hostile work environment. My pay is a joke compared to market rate, but salaries are quite uneven, so this isn't always the case. Other people in my position make an incredibly good salary. Our managers have no idea about what skills and experience we have, and yet constantly say we are incompetent and need training, which of course, they will never provide. Oddly enough, we often have more experience than they do, as they don't know the basic principals of our field and those skill sets are not valued. They target and bully employees who dare disagree or question them. Your best bet is to agree to do the unethical things they ask you to (sadly, they ask out of ignorance typically), constantly suck up to every one you can, be quiet, smile, play dumb and watch your back. Back stabbing and throwing your coworkers under the bus is rewarded as loyalty to management, so there is much incentive to try and discredit others and report the tiniest mistake. There are a few good people here- awesome people even- but TAKE YOUR TIME in deciding who to trust. Trust no one in the beginning and stay as neutral as possible. Do not try to find the best solution or process, at least if it wasn't happily received the first time you made the suggestion. This will not be rewarded. This will be perceived by mgmt as you being a difficult employee, and that is one thing you never want them to think. If mgmt is wrong, no matter how bad it is or what horrible consequences it will have, just let them be wrong, smile and go along. (And yes, the smiling part is actually necessary.) Otherwise, you will soon be on the hit list.

Or even better... Forget this place and avoid working here if at all possible. If you aren't too bright, and you're down for some back stabbing and mediocrity, you'll do just fine. But if you are actually looking for a place where having the word dignity in the name wouldn't be completely obsurd, then pass on a position with Dignity Health and keep looking.

Mr. Dean!!! You are better than this!! I have so much admiration and respect for you, and therefore just can't believe what is happening to this company. You can't possibly know how bad things have gotten in the last few years. You have to get past what is simply reported up and somehow get in touch with your front line staff. There is no way for Dignity Health to reach its potential if some thought isn't given to rewarding talent, training, and retention. Morale is at an all time low, and everyone is miserable and giving up. Any kind of integrity has all but disappeared. Clean up the toxic environments and give us back the company we used to believe in. This was once an amazing place to work and it could be again.

old people, sloooow moving, hospitals are crappy, the people at the corporate office are even crappier

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

9-5. Literally. Everyone is so old that if you know how to use an iphone you are legit. Everyone bounces by 4pm. Some people I don't even know what they do.

Cons

company looses money every year. Thank god for healthcare reform b/c our tax dollars were bailing out this company. I don't care how much charity care they provide there is a lot of fat and waste in the care they provide (interms of costs). The quality is quite poor.

You don't really learn anything.

just fire everyone and startover. OR how about just quit you guys are total failures

There are newer employer reviews for Dignity Health