There are newer employer reviews for Dignity Health

Dignity Health was a good company but...

Current Employee - Director IT in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Director IT in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

mission, values were aligned with mine. The senior leadership were generally trustworthy.

Cons

my organization, IT, has been in a state of confusion ever since I joined. The newest CIO/EVP presents well to senior management but generally lacks the overall depth of experience. However, the organization is striving to improve despite management and budget obstacles.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Downhill slide

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Dignity Health part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good benefits,kind and caring staff for the most part

Cons

Things have worsened since the change to Dignity health. The morale is declining rapidly and daily. It has become apparent that the focus has become to save money and not on providing safe and excellent care for our patients. Housekeeping has been restructured and I notice the level of cleanliness is abysmal! There is no longer any job security and they send you home or call you OFF now if they think there is not enough work for you to do and the people left to work often get slammed with work and are left feeling angry. They just try to survive through the shift. The patients and some families can be extremely abusive and demanding at times and they always want to blame the nurse. The environment is no longer conducive for the active participation of the many talented staff member and professional to meaningful contribute!

Advice to Management

They are way too punitive and will write you up at the drop of a hat ! They easily distort the truth so they can justify doing this. Sometimes it is just because you appropriately expressed a professional opinion. The structure underutilized the talents of many. Be very careful how you approach management.

10 Years with Company

Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great transfer ability, Can learn quite a bit of whatever you want, benifits are good depending on what part for the company you work for. The people here are great people, and the company has a very honorable history.

Cons

Ever since we changed from CHW to Dignity Health, the Values & Mission have begun to fade and we are now a corporation more then ever. Dignity Health is so Obama Care focused that we have lost our faith, we are driving projects and inititives through without regard to the employees, systems, or communities we negatively impact. When the Catholics left so did our Dignity.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to live up to the Presidents agenda and go back to your roots, our hospitals, employees, and communities should be our focus not the Nation and its flawed politics. Take care of your employees and communities partners like you use to.