There are newer employer reviews for Dignity Health

Stated company culture & philosophy is amazing...Too bad it's a total lie!!!

Current Employee - Registered Respiratory Therapist in Chandler, AZ
Current Employee - Registered Respiratory Therapist in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Large organization with seemingly great opportunities for professional growth. Their mission statements would lead a person to believe that Mother Theresa herself had founded this healthcare system, and if they actually operated even remotely close to their stated values, it would truly be an amazing hospital. Unfortunately, they sacrifice the health of their patients and the careers,health & sanity of their staff on a daily basis, Even working @ CRMC for over a decade doesn't give me the confidence to seek my or my family's healthcare needs here!

Cons

An exceedingly high percentage of promotions are filled from outside the organization. In fact, management will state from the outset that they will only consider outside candidates. This demoralizes staff and removes a lot of incentive for furthering your education & growing in your profession. Pt care is threatened in a hundred ways on a daily basis because of staffing ratios and mgmt decisions. Staff can never have any confidence that their clinical decisions will be backed by administration because they don't have to look far to have already witnessed several of their contemporaries having been thrown under the bus. And if even 1 wheel of that bus should fail to crush that clinician, administration would certainly call them back for another pass over them! Currently, Dignity Health is running an ad campaign titled "Hello Humankindness." This is so far past ironic that it is fully hypocritical at this point! I absolutely want to puke every time I see it.

Work with your clinical staff. You are abundantly blessed with some amazing physicians, RNs & therapists, but you handicap them so badly every single day that they CAN'T even utilize the most basic standards of care, much less "best practices!" Encourage your staff to continue growing thru additional CEUs & credentialing, and show them you value those efforts by allowing them to compete for higher positions!

reviews filtered by

a great place to work with nice co-workers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Dignity Health (more than 10 years)

Pros

company values, mission are a high priority.

Cons

limited schedule flexibility. flex time would be a big plus.

expand community based services

I've worked worse places

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time

Pros

I work with a nice group of people. Management is approachable.

Cons

Top-heavy processes make the job frustrating. Technology issues are ongoing, and I don't like having to contact a call center in India when I need IT support. Compared to union positions at the hospitals, pay is negligible.

There are newer employer reviews for Dignity Health