Dignity Memorial
www.dignitymemorial.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

A mess of a company

Sales (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsEmployees work hard and most are very nice and professional

ConsHorrible organization and processes. The Family Services and Community Counselors income are based on commissions but they are so administratively overwhelmed and dragged down with busy work that other departments have not finished (but the sales team need completed in order to do their job, that it leaves them little if any time to reach out to perspective new clients...translation....working for basically no pay or just the guaranteed minimum wage. In the Seattle market only a minority of the sales staff are making quota to reach a livable wage. Very sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut your sales staff on salary with bonus incentives. If they are having to spend 70% of their time working on tasks that do not lead to the currently set up commission structure is it any wonder that SCI has such high turnover. You could be so much better and in the long run more productive.

Not much Dignity for the staff

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dignity Memorial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Help people in time of sorrow Cons: poor compensation no long sales career No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Pushy, Pushy

Family Service Counselor (Current Employee)
    Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Dignity Memorial full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Large company with alot of affiliates, good benefits, paid vacation… Cons: Sales agents required to work under extreme pressure, Funeral Directors rarely… Advice to Senior Management: Value your ALL of your employees & SHARE some of the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dignity Memorial.

Worked for Dignity Memorial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dignity Memorial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dignity Memorial CEO Gorge Cotte. All reviews posted anonymously by Dignity Memorial employees.