Dillard's

www.dillards.com
  www.dillards.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

I loved working there, stopped only to be stay at home mom!

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Evansville, IN
Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Evansville, IN

I worked at Dillard's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was very upbeat and I looked forward to going in daily!
I loved my staff and was promoted within the first year to a higher management position so hard workers that care are noticed!
The salary was great compared to other retailers and we didn't stay open late on the holidays like the mall does!!!
Dillard's is still a family owned company and I love that about them!

Cons

The SPH for associates is hard for them to understand. The managers need to take more time with the associates and make sure they understand that tho they aren't paid on commission that their sales do matter.

Care about you position, don't be a manger for the title, do it because you love it like I did and if you don't love it step aside so that someone who does can shine!

1185 Other Employee Reviews for Dillard's (View Most Recent)

It is what you make it

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Dillards is what you make it. Management will give you positive feed back

Cons

Management needs some help. But they are dedicated to making the best of things

Save yourself from this company please

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jensen Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jensen Beach, FL

I worked at Dillard's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I cannot think of many upsides maybe a decent starting wadge and days where discount is doubled. Nice Coworkers.

Cons

This place is honestly the worst work environment I can imagine possible. The SPH is ridiculous Dillard's does not have a high end clientele willing to spend that kind of money. The rules were absolutely crazy; our management required us to wear two inch heels for a 9 hour on your feet work day. People were fired constantly for no given reason. If you did not get credit apps you are written up. Management is never around to help. Customers would ask for a manager having to wait 25 minutes’ to speak to one. We constantly received emails scolding us like children because we would as management questions. No open door policy here. Oh and training is ridiculous you will get hired for a job and then end up in a completely different position with very little training in the specific position. Pay cuts happen here very quickly so unless you work in one of the two profitable departments in this store you are screwed. They will not be willing to work around your schedule, they do not care if there is a death in your family, you’re in the hospital, you go to school or have children they will not work with you. Try taking off for a vacation just to see your name remaining on the schedule. This place does not care about their customers they are just numbers to them. Also this store looks like it belongs to the 1980’s and seriously needs a remodel. So happy I decided to leave to work with a company who actually values their employees rather than abuse them.

Focus on customer service, do away with sph, give more benefits with credit apps , better management training.

There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's