Dillard's
www.dillards.com Little Rock, AR 5000+ Employees

Incompetent staff, high expectations!!!

Edge Shop Business Manager (Current Employee)
Asheville, NC

I have been working at Dillard's full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAbove average pay for retail (although for what they expect from employees its still not enough compensation for your time and effort). One hour breaks. Good Discount.

ConsDo NOT consider working for Dillard's unless you have an extremely marketable mind and can sell ANYTHING and do it every second of your life!!!. In cosmetics you will have to network outside and be expected to use your personal time to get customers in the store. The turnover rate is consistent and the people who have experience, like myself, get stuck teaching the new employees the ropes and missing sales then get reprimanded for it. This job has extremely high expectations and as soon as you make your sales goals....they expect MORE! Very old management skills, cannot confide in ANYONE but yourself. Most people working in Dillard's are hired because they are CUTE. It is sickening. You will get promoted, with barely any incentives or pay raise and be expected to work ten times harder. My managers also LIED to me consistently and never explained my commission until 4 months into the job and I missed out on over $1,500 in bonuses!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your employees like crap. Care about us and we will care about you. Spend a week on the sales floor, especially cosmetic,s and actually see what we have to deal with. When you say you are there for help, then don't tell us "well, what do you think" when we ask a question. Take some people-skills classes. Don't hold any area higher than others.

Disrespectful

Beauty Advisor (Former Employee)
Denton, TX

I worked at Dillard's part-time for less than a year

Pros: -good starting pay -decent/good merchandise -a few good managers -nice coworkers -pretty good discount Cons: -attitude and professionalism of store management -pay cuts if you don't meet your often RIDICULOUS sales goal -their pay system is just crazy; at least if you… Advice to Senior Management: This goes to the very top of the Dillard's company, from the sales floor managers to corporate officers and the Dillard's family... if you want… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overwhelming & Stressful

Business Manager (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

I worked at Dillard's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Extra Employee Discounts Decent Pay for Associates Lack of Training Helps You Learn to… Cons: Lack of Training No Human Resources No Open Door Policy Not Supportive Lack of… Advice to Senior Management: Please take associate's concerns and complaints into consideration. Make sure all levels of employees gets adequate training- including upper and senior management. Stop hiring people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Dillard's.

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dillard's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dillard's CEO Bill Dillard II. All reviews posted anonymously by Dillard's employees.