There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

Dillard's is a company that allows associates to showcase their talents and rewards those associates for their efforts.

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Montgomery, AL
Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Quality-of-life schedules
Clean environment
Excellent Pay
Performance Feedback
Paid Vacations

Cons

I think we have too many markdowns, and hereby suggest, as a company, that we buy a little lighter.

Create computer based training modules for cash register training and role playing scenarios to overcoming sales-pitch objections.

reviews filtered by
  1. Lets just say i'm happy to leave

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Dillard's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

fun environment. easy to work with other coworkers

Cons

poor management! annoying customers. never a set schedule. sales goals

Get to know someone before you hire them as a manager.

Incompetent staff, high expectations!!!

Current Employee - Edge Shop Business Manager in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Edge Shop Business Manager in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Above average pay for retail (although for what they expect from employees its still not enough compensation for your time and effort). One hour breaks. Good Discount.

Cons

Do NOT consider working for Dillard's unless you have an extremely marketable mind and can sell ANYTHING and do it every second of your life!!!. In cosmetics you will have to network outside and be expected to use your personal time to get customers in the store. The turnover rate is consistent and the people who have experience, like myself, get stuck teaching the new employees the ropes and missing sales then get reprimanded for it. This job has extremely high expectations and as soon as you make your sales goals....they expect MORE! Very old management skills, cannot confide in ANYONE but yourself. Most people working in Dillard's are hired because they are CUTE. It is sickening. You will get promoted, with barely any incentives or pay raise and be expected to work ten times harder. My managers also LIED to me consistently and never explained my commission until 4 months into the job and I missed out on over $1,500 in bonuses!

Stop treating your employees like crap. Care about us and we will care about you. Spend a week on the sales floor, especially cosmetic,s and actually see what we have to deal with. When you say you are there for help, then don't tell us "well, what do you think" when we ask a question. Take some people-skills classes. Don't hold any area higher than others.

There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's