There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

Hard work was recognized by upper management, and was promoted almost every year.

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Dillard's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth if willing to move to different stores. District Manager is very approachable and often recognized outstanding performers when visiting the stores by thanking them for their contributions.

Cons

Not enough Assistant Managers in the larger stores so that Area Sales Managers may spend more time with their teams.

Hire more Assistants so that Area Managers may spend more time with their people.

reviews filtered by

DO NOT WORK THERE

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, IN

I worked at Dillard's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I met some of the best co-workers I have ever worked with

Cons

Everything. Seriously. Quotas are ridiculous. You are not treated as a person. NO professionalism whatsoever. This company has absolutely zero dignity. The vast majority of management are unfit to be in their positions. Anyone with moral sense should run as far as they can in the other direction. ABSOLUTE JOKE OF AN EMPLOYER. Embarrassing.

Treat your employees like human beings. Do things that boost morale, not completely diminish it. Stop being SO greedy; your customers are not idiots and they can see what's going on. It makes them uncomfortable and many people have told me they wouldn not shop at Dillard's because it is like swimming in a shark tank as associates fight for sales.

Learned what NOT to do. Decent money but cost me my health.

Former Employee - Department Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Dillard's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Money is good if you're great at selling. I had a fun boss but he was unable to protect me from a bully who was determined to have my job. The clients are the best part. If you build relationships, they will pay your bills. Still close to several clients

Cons

More concerned with turnover than protecting loyal employees. No human resources department. No one
    to protect you from immoral people. As long as associates don't t hit you, middle managers are like sitting ducks. The can sabotage and lie. If you are willing to get on their level, you can win, but you will be accused of harassment if you take up for yourself.

Protect your loyal employees. Realize that bullying is real. There will soon be laws against it. When an employee is missing work because she is in fear don't ignore it. Decent, moral employees can't take that environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's