There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

Overall, very happy with my job.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Employee discounts, opportunity for overtime and bonuses.

Cons

Some sales associates are envious if a new employee is better at sales and will be two-faced to you: praising you to your face but backstabbing when they can. Managers all have different opinions on how each dept. should be run and are openly trying to pet promoted by tearing other managers down to sales staff. Most managers only last a year at most before they are transferred or leave.

Advice to Management

Is there any training for managers? It's not apparent. Maybe only previous work experience is all that is needed to be a manager. Sales associates need more praise for a job well done. Longevity awards don't cut it. Top sales for the month/quarter/year and top new employees might be an idea.

reviews filtered by

Okay experience working here.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Garland, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Garland, TX

I worked at Dillard's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good employee discount, pay is okay. First pick of markdowns. Other employees are (for the most part) fun to work with.

Cons

They really drive you to get Dillard's credit card applications. Also, if your sales aren't up to their standards they cut your pay.

Advice to Management

Why SO pushy on the credit card applications? Working in the Juniors department, we had a younger crowd shopping... not interested in credit cards!!

2. Sucks your soul

Former Employee - Counter Manager
    Former Employee - Counter Manager

I worked at Dillard's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Experience, self-management, independence, got to know a variety of brands

Cons

Lack of management, management couldn't follow through, false promises, cheap, horrible benefits, lack of training

Advice to Management

I think the bitterness and unhappiness has snowballed down from every level of management, starting up with the Dillard family. My ASM for Cosmetics in 2 different cities were overwhelmed with too much to handle. They couldn't remember what they told me or gave me and would get angry at me when they would fall short on their responsibilities. If I were to ask for something they would assume they'd already given it to me when in reality they probably lost it somewhere else. They were honest mistakes but it all came down to lack of support and tools with too much being expected at every level. I can do everything in my own means but I need support for such extraordinary expectations.

There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's