There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

Okay experience working here.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Garland, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Garland, TX

I worked at Dillard's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good employee discount, pay is okay. First pick of markdowns. Other employees are (for the most part) fun to work with.

Cons

They really drive you to get Dillard's credit card applications. Also, if your sales aren't up to their standards they cut your pay.

Why SO pushy on the credit card applications? Working in the Juniors department, we had a younger crowd shopping... not interested in credit cards!!

1036 Other Employee Reviews for Dillard's (View Most Recent)

Sucks your soul

Former Employee - Counter Manager
    Former Employee - Counter Manager

I worked at Dillard's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Experience, self-management, independence, got to know a variety of brands

Cons

Lack of management, management couldn't follow through, false promises, cheap, horrible benefits, lack of training

I think the bitterness and unhappiness has snowballed down from every level of management, starting up with the Dillard family. My ASM for Cosmetics in 2 different cities were overwhelmed with too much to handle. They couldn't remember what they told me or gave me and would get angry at me when they would fall short on their responsibilities. If I were to ask for something they would assume they'd already given it to me when in reality they probably lost it somewhere else. They were honest mistakes but it all came down to lack of support and tools with too much being expected at every level. I can do everything in my own means but I need support for such extraordinary expectations.

Unappreciated. The bottom line was about sales not customer service.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Murray, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Murray, UT

I worked at Dillard's full-time for less than a year

Pros

For Utah, excellent hourly wages.

Cons

My dependability and ability to engage with the customers to "probe to indentify, evaluate and recommend products and services" were not acknowledged. I was continuously threatened with loss of job if my sales goals (set by the store) were not achieved each day. Also, too much emphasis on opening store credit cards. Starting hourly wage is high but amount is lowered if sales goals are not met. Training is insufficent and not long enough.

Encourage, support and assist personnel. Verbally acknowledge a job well done.

There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!