Dillard's

www.dillards.com
  www.dillards.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

sales associate

I worked at Dillard's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

pay was good for the work performed

Cons

the schedule could be close one night and open the next morning

Care more about your employees

1179 Other Employee Reviews for Dillard's (View Most Recent)

There is a reason why Dillard's is #2 WORST company to work for...

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER
    Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER

I worked at Dillard's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worked with great ASM's and good employee discount

Cons

In all my years of work, I have never experienced a worse store manager. Completely unskilled with regard to working with ASM's hands-on and training. It's a sad place to work.

The Dillard's need to step down and stop managing by intimidation. Treat your ASM's well and they will cover your back.

If you like to be miserable work here

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Dillard's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The hourly pay rate. That's about it

Cons

Best thing about working at this store would be the starting out at $10 and $10 training part. And being 401k eligible. Every person has a goal. they make it 3 times as much as it should be. they set you up to fail. if you ever, by some miracle get your raise goal, they will move you to a different department so they dont have to give you the raise. They will cut your pay and then let you go. its a revolving door, thats how they want it. Be prepared to completely change as a person and have no life what-so-ever. You are not allowed to go to school, not allowed to request any days off, hardly earn ANY vacation time even after being with them a whole year! You never see the managers, they don't know what they're doing at all. They tell you they're going to take care of things "oh just email me about it" and never do any of it! You get hired on not knowing where you're going, training is 3 weeks long and they don't decide what they're going to do & where theyre going to put you until the last day. I got put in kids shoes, after specifically saying if I got put in the home department ill quit. Kids sboes is the ABSOLUTE SLOWEST, and pointless department in the entire store. Kids shoes and kids clothes should be all one. Men's shoes, and ladies shoes are commission, but not kids shoes. You're lucky if you see anyone all day and I'm talking about working 12-9 and 9:45-6 or 7.
    Do they really think they need 2 people to work FT (40 a week) in this slow department? It's not busy enough for 1 person. I cannot explain how I've changed and how miserable, lonely, aggressive, unhealthy physically&mentally this place has made me. This job WILL affect you. You can walk around and just look at everyone and know that they're miserable. Everyone cuts each others heads off for even saying hello, how are you to someone they've laid their eyes on... Everyone automatically assumes you're trying to take their sales, and they do the same thing! After starting to really hate it here and becoming lonely and bitter and angry, I placed my 2 weeks notice to have my shoe manager tell me if I took it back he would put me in ladies shoes which he knew I really wanted and I'd see people as make commission there. So I took it out. Him and the managers "supposedly" sent in a transfer request for me. I asked and asked if they had said anything yet, and it was always no I haven't heard anything. Then a month goes by and I go to ask off for a few days because I'm going out of state, to find out we're not allowed to do a thing outside of work! And I asked once again, am I going to ladies shoes? No, we recently made a rule to where you have to be in kids shoes for a whole year before that's possible. WHAT? After the GM and ASM and my shoe manager all told me it was possible and was going to happen! Are you kidding me? I said okay, and that day I put my 2 weeks notice right back in. Our new shoe manager comes in and apparently is in the worst mood ever and everyone in shoes is talking about it. Then he tries to tell me I'm not allowed to even talk to my co workers!! If no one is here, I can't even talk to my co workers? Not to mention they recently just cut a lot of people to part time for 2 weeks and then made them full time again. No notice for any of it. No excuses or reasoning. We could all have filed for unemployment. They won't hire anyone full time now so they don't have to give benefits and all that crap. This place just keeps getting worse and worse. The managers literally don't know what they're doing.

You need to reevaluate everything, and realize what you're doing obviously isnt working. Before you guys are shut down for good

There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's