There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

it was an ok college job but not a career

I worked at Dillard's

Pros

discount, paid weekly, networking and having fun when it wasnt busy

Cons

long hours, hard to make sales in a shark infested environment

Advice to Management

lose the strict sales per hour quota

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Complete lack of respect for employees.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employee discount is nice.

Cons

They have no respect for their employees. They emphasize customer service and yet they have no concern for their employees. You are treated like a child, management purposely tries to cause associates to be at each other's throats, schedule 7 day work weeks with no day off. You have NO life when working at Dillards. I was penalized for asking for a personal day for a family member's wedding. What does that tell you?

Advice to Management

Show a little respect and thanks to the people who work your stores and make you who you are. You need associates to work your stores and believe it or not, there are some out there who take pride in what they do, bring back return customers and in the end make you successful.

2. Experimental

Current Employee - Selling Business Manager
    Current Employee - Selling Business Manager

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people i worked with were like family. Very social environment to build relationships with clients as well as other employs. The direct communication with vendors and district managers. I always felt like if something was wrong i could fix it-- If a good customer needed something i could contact someone with style# size ect. to send it to store rather then them ordering (if not need be). I loved the ownership i had of my department (became over exasperating though most of time)

Cons

The company in itself needs to grow and change with the times. A lot has changed since Dillard's became Dillard's. You need to invest in more behavior driven coaching- REAL DRIVE TO MEET CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS- rather then a SPH. AND recognize them for a job well done- or even recognize when they are under exceeding goals BEFORE monthly review. Discipline or even fire associates that fight and behave poorly in front of customers (wither they are providing results or not its wrong) The store manager i had in my store had no idea what my job even consisted of. I got all of my information threw district e-mails. He would not event know when i had an event in my department. NO COMMUNICATION. SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS IF YOU HAVE WALKED A STEP IN THEIR STOCK ROOMS. The safety was outrageous in our store.

Advice to Management

Sell your business to someone who can manage it brothers.