Dillard's

There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

Not achievable goal

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Daytona Beach, FL
Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great beautiful product and sales

Cons

ALOT of turn over in management and sales associates ... Pay cuts, a lot of yelling and screaming from upper management. Jobs and position been threaten at all time. I can write a book for "con" than pro. All Dillard's care is about numbers could careless about employee

Be a little more humane

1234 Other Employee Reviews for Dillard's (View Most Recent)

Don't waste time with this company if you are looking for a positive work environment

Current Employee - Jewelry/Watch Sales Associate in Newnan, GA
    Current Employee - Jewelry/Watch Sales Associate in Newnan, GA

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Dillard's provides a good hourly pay and your hours won't be cut even if the store is empty. This is a good job if you are single and don't care to have a life outside of work. The actual work is pretty fun. I love the customers and using creativity when merchandising.

Cons

I am very disappointed with the upper management. I have not had too many disappointments with department managers, but upper management constantly watches with eagle eyes to see what your doing wrong and doesn't offer much encouragement. We are told to "engage your clients....build relationships" but shouldn't management be doing the same with their employees? Dillard's obviously cares nothing about their employees. I have worked at Dillards for two years and have seen a lot of people come and go....including managers! I would say a good 80% of the employees of the store hate it and are looking for their way out.

You should try getting to know your employees and show them more appreciation. Your employees all work hard to make you number one, but you don't treat them with the respect they deserve. Offer more encouragement and trust that the associates are doing what they should. Let the department managers handle their department! Micro managing is not necessary! Dillard's could be an enjoyable place to work if you actually took the time to care about the people who work hard for you.

Bottom of the totem pole

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They do start off pay at a higher pay than other stores

Cons

They constantly promise promotions and pay raises and then pass on them. They expect you to great and assist every customer but at the same time you are expected to do your own merchandising, markdowns, departmental moves and clean up after all the customers.

Make the sales goals reachable and change them depending on the time of year and the economy, employees can not make an SPH of 135 when only 5 customers a day enter the store.

There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's