Dillard's

www.dillards.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

Great Company

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great overall business plan and execution.

Cons

Benefits package needs to be strengthened.

1245 Other Employee Reviews for Dillard's (View Most Recent)

Dillard's was the worst department store I have worked for.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Dillard's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay for a sales associate is better than at other retail stores.

Cons

The sales goals are way too high. New sales associates are told they have to start in a beginner department and if they meet their goals for 3 months they can move into a better department. I was put in the Home Dept. which was the worst department in the store. It was on the upper level and hardly any customers came into the department. How can sales associates sell when there are no customers to sell to? Also, certain new associates did not have to start in a beginner department and others were there less than 3 months and were moved out of a beginner department. I asked to be moved after about 1 1/2 months because another sales associate who trained with me transferred to another store. I was told I could not go to another department unless I met my goals for 3 months, but the department I wanted to transfer to was also a beginner department. After 6 months of not meeting my goals, I was given a 10% pay cut. After 9 months, I was told I no longer had a job.

Give lower sales goals. Run sales and advertise to get customers into the store.

Poor management and shady employees.

Former Employee - Fragrance/Cosmetics Sales in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Fragrance/Cosmetics Sales in Springfield, MO

I worked at Dillard's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay was good, hours were okay

Cons

Horrible employees and horrible management.

Before firing an employee based on what other employees claim, do a thorough investigation. An employee was fired based on claims made by female employees in the fragrance department. These employees schemed to have this employee fired because they simply did not like him. Numerous employee heard them schemeing in the break room and I was approached to also make false claims against male employee.

I advise management to thoroughly investigate claims made by employees. False claims such as those made by employees against this male employee have affected his ability to be hired by other companies due to your negative references.

There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's