Dillard's

www.dillards.com
  www.dillards.com
There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

employees aren't treated like people

Current Employee - Copywriter in Little Rock, AR
Current Employee - Copywriter in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

slight upward mobility, some creative freedom, good location

Cons

not enough benefits, poor insurance, poor management skills, your opinion means very little

Instead of constantly hiring new people to replace old ones, try to make Dillard's a place where people want to stay.

1183 Other Employee Reviews for Dillard's (View Most Recent)

Maybe it was just my Store Management Team but I have never been more unhappy or stressed at a job in my life.

Former Employee - Shoe Associate
    Former Employee - Shoe Associate

I worked at Dillard's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

All I can truly say here is that I liked my co-workers and my direct ASM.

Cons

The focus on numbers is ridiculous. All they care about are number number numbers. Numbers of every kind, sales, returns, credit applications opened. Fine I get it, its a retail sales job. We were hired to SELL. However you seem to forget and ignore those employees who work really hard but may not necessarily make their numbers because they are busy keeping the store looking nice and doing all the other jobs other associates are supposed to do buy won't. Then when we bring concerns like this up to you, you turn it around to be our fault and that we just need to work harder even if we are already "burning the candle at both ends" just to get by. I'm glad to have moved on from DIllard's to a retail store that appreciates my hard work and abilities.

Please be more realistic and understanding of you employees. Most of the upper management has no clue because they were hired right into management positions without knowing what its like to be on the sales floor. Also admit when you are wrong about something rather than contradicting yourselves multiple times when confronted. Some of the people here are an HR lawsuit waiting to happen.

Buyer Beware

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Dillard's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is no shortage of hours and you can work your way up so that you can get management experience

Cons

They don't pay equally and some people will be told they are making 17hr to only find out that they have to have a pay cut. The managers do not get paid well and they take it out on you. People get fired daily, which causes stress.

I think that everyone should be required to go to a retreat because there is way too much gossip. Also stop making women wear heels for Bill, its kind of disturbing and almost like you try to sell something I can't say on here when the CEO is around. I think respect is key though and not making employees compete against each other. Stop making pay cuts and firing daily; it causes a chain reaction and makes people worry so much that they can't do their jobs properly.

There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's