There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

Working as a sales associate at Dillards

Former Employee - Mens Sales Associate in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Mens Sales Associate in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Dillard's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending upon your asm, you are usually rewarded for your efforts in sales and getting credit accounts applied for. My asm was a prince among men, so I was always richly rewarded for my efforts and attendance too. It takes that salesperson mentality of course and you have to be very serious about getting the sale. The pay is good, if you keep your sales up. It is supposed to be a "team" effort, but the competition makes that nearly impossible most of the time. I enjoyed my stay there and if it were not for a job offer I simply could not refuse, I would still be there. It was difficult for me to leave.

Cons

Unfortunately it does pit you against your fellow associates for sales and can get ugly at times, if you let it. That is probably the worst thing about it. Not very good for making friends and such. Sales per hour is what it is all about, along with showing up for work everyday.

Advice to Management

Perhaps find some way of actually getting people to work as a team without losing your sales and such.

Other Employee Reviews for Dillard's

Gotta love retail....

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Tampa, FL

I worked at Dillard's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you love retail, don't mind getting poked with sharp sticks, and have a knack for networking the right people, you will survive. If just surviving is your ambition...go for it.

Cons

Bully environment on the store side and the corporate side...you can not escape the level of ineptitude no matter where you go in the company..non existent support if you are moving between the store and corporate levels. They don't post open positions to get promoted. Extremely stagnant.

Advice to Management

Cutting salaries and jobs may help your stock value, but it is a poor way to run a company and keep good talent. I'm so disappointed I chose this company upon graduating college. Don't promise what you cant deliver or set employees up for a losing proposition.

2. Nice place tnico visit

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Dillard's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked my fellow employees and some of the dept. supervisors...they have a hard job. and discount was good

Cons

company sucks from their stupid goal a raise system that basically makes associates fight for I hate everything else about this company and I hope they go under, especially their stuffed shirt upper management that think because they make more money and have your lively hood in their hands think they are better than us, not to mention ass kissers to corporate.

Advice to Management

You are subhuman mentally...try to at least act as if you have some compassion.