Dillard's

There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's

Dissapointing

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Dillard's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people you meet make this job fun.

Cons

Management micro manages everything and the quota system is a terrible way to gauge whether someone is a quality employee or not.

Pay should not be solely based on sales. The quota system breeds competition amongst associates and can create an uncomfortable environment for customers.

1231 Other Employee Reviews for Dillard's (View Most Recent)

Definitely not my favorite job

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Dillard's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay (if you can keep it), sort of flexible hours, hour lunch break, many nice people, easy-going environment, awesome co-workers, 25% discount, culturally diverse.

Cons

Sales quotas, some management, lack of opportunities for growth, pay cuts, doesn't work around my school schedule, having to have a Dillard's card for the discount, opening credit apps, the general pressure of trying to make sure you have a job for the next three months.

While I understand it is important to have sales goals, I do not think people should be punished for it. I promise you 9/10 times I have not made my goal it has been because there are not enough customers walking through that door. If the weather is bad and you cannot make it in than your quota will still count against you as well. I say stop cutting the employees pay by 10% when they do not make their quotas.

School is something that is very important to me and I have had the hardest time getting around my work schedule to make time for homework and studying. If I ever have to call in to ask to come in later I get sick to my stomach because it is like an act of Congress to get a few more hours off.

Worked my tail off & no appreciation.

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Albany, GA
    Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Albany, GA

I worked at Dillard's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Got great experience to take with me for a better job

Cons

60 hrs wk for salaried ppl. Never appreciated even when constantly exceeded sales goals. Just want more & more and dont want to compensate u for it

Value your loyal employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Dillard's