Dimensional Fund Advisors
www.dfaus.com Austin, TX 500 to 999 Employees

Used to be an enjoyable place to work, but the morale has gone down quite a bit.

Senior Associate (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsGood pay and benefits, smart employees, beautiful building facilities, living in Austin

ConsThis company used to do more internal promotions, but has changed. They have been hiring a lot of external candidates and providing little to no career development for current employees. Since Eduardo took over, the company has been micromanaged from the top down. At all levels, people feel they cannot or do not have the authority to make decisions without his input. Yet he has no background/experience in marketing, management, sales, etc.
The company monitors who gets to work by 8am and who doesn't. Not that other companies don't, but this company only seems to care about what time you arrive, not that you put in a full day's work.

Worst Management I have ever seen

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dimensional Fund Advisors full-time

Pros: Peers are nice, however they can't keep good people, one… Cons: Too much politics, Managers don't know how to manage, People… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a Healthy Place to Work

IT Operations (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at Dimensional Fund Advisors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Dimensional is financially sound and is not afraid of spending money on Technology (hardware/software). This provided a nice opportunity to learn and keep the IT… Cons: IT Management is a dysfunctional mess. Poor work life, balance. I completely understand that the nature of working on an IT operations team requires… Advice to Senior Management: Nothing to say that hasn't already been said either on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dimensional Fund Advisors.

Worked for Dimensional Fund Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dimensional Fund Advisors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dimensional Fund Advisors CEO Eduardo A. Repetto. All reviews posted anonymously by Dimensional Fund Advisors employees.