There are newer employer reviews for Dimensional Innovations

Great place to work while you're young and single

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Dimensional Innovations

Pros

At D.I. you are surrounded by good people. You deal with awesome clients and get to be part of very cool projects. Traveling the USA to install those projects is also a perk. State of the art tools and an expansive shop make the environment worthy of handy individuals.

Cons

The major downside of working at D.I. would have to be that the services they offer are not the most recession-proof. They had to restructure towards the end of 2009 and decreased their workforce significantly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

reviews filtered by
  1. Account Advocate

I worked at Dimensional Innovations

Pros

I was a part of Shield (a break off company from DI) and I had a very good experience. The people at Shield and DI are both very supportive and kind. Both companies are forward thinking, and expanding the possibilities of what can be done within the industry. I learned a lot in my time there. Working in a growing company also means getting a vast variety of experience and learning quickly. At DI, the building is very modern and up-to-date, which makes for an exciting environment. Both Shield and DI have fun traditions (like Waffle Wednesday and Free Lunch Friday), that make working a bit more fun. :)

Cons

If you care about design and innovation, you will love working at DI/Shield.

Design Department Overview

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Dimensional Innovations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly people who collaboratively produce outstanding work. Great environment with lots of activity and never a dull day. Management is very present and it is easy to work with other people from different backgrounds. Not much bad to say out this great company!

Cons

With the amount of influx the company sees at times anyone new or in need of training may be put on the back burner...over time things are learned and picked up, but streamlining this process would aid the company as a whole seamlessly working machine.

Advice to Management

DI is growing, which is an awesome thing, just make sure that there is enough HR and management staff to accommodate the needs of any and all new folks that join the team.