Direct Technology
directtechnology.com Roseville, CA 50 to 149 Employees

A decent enough place to work.

Roseville, CA

I have been working at Direct Technology full-time for more than a year

ProsDT is a decent company. The leadership is enthusiastic and they don't micromanage. That's good for a person like me who hates people looking over his shoulder. They expect you to get the job done, but are willing to work with you and help build your skills and career instead of just dropping you off a cliff. DT is a great place for fresh college grads with not a whole lot of real world experience to gain that experience. So long as you're willing to work below industry standard wage. This is not to say the company is cheap, but they definitely expect you to prove yourself before throwing money at you.

ConsAs I eluded to in the Pros, DT isn't the best paying company in the world. Part of this is because they expect you to prove yourself. But part of it isn't. DT isn't the best place to be if you have a ton of experience and are used to making a butt-load of money. Also, DT isn't the place you want to be if you're used to sitting on your butt. Although there are over a hundred-fifty some odd people here, it's a tight ship. Everyone's job is important, and if one person isn't pulling their weight, the whole crew suffers.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst I'd like to say, stop bragging about all the crap you own. We get it, you're very fancy. You have crazy expensive cars and horses and all sorts of crap. But when you nickel and dime your employees over raises and pay, it's a little unsettling.

Also, you need to get a clear vision of your product and who your market is. You need to start thinking more about partnering and less about selling your software one product at a time. You're never going to make enough money that way.

Also, your products are not products the average person is going to care about. You're not a video game company or a CGI company. No one is going to care how many friends you have on Facebook. You're an industrial software company. Stop wasting time and money on useless enterprises.

Lastly, while your veteran's hiring initiative is noble in spirit, it's a total waste of time and money. You don't have the sort of jobs that the military trains people for. So, you need to either customize your staffing division to find the sort of jobs that the military is training people to do, or you need to get off the pot and stop wasting your time and money.

Long on Promises and Short on Deliverables

Former Employee (Former Employee)
Bellevue, WA

I worked at Direct Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros: They actively hire with only a single interview. They… Cons: Inexperienced management, reactionary vision, poor salaries and benefits, bad client relations,… Advice to Senior Management: Shake up your sales group and hire some professional management. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Small company where owners look after themselves

Software Development Engineer (Former Employee)
Bellevue, WA

I worked at Direct Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros: Company gives you a varied experience and are actively always hiring.… Cons: Work life is non-existent and you are expected to work long hours for low pay all so the owners can get more… Advice to Senior Management: Give more competitive salaries and training to your employees and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Direct Technology.

Worked for Direct Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Direct Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Direct Technology CEO Rick Nelson. All reviews posted anonymously by Direct Technology employees.