There are newer employer reviews for DirectBuy

Direct Buy is in Trouble.

Current Employee - Franchise Owner
Current Employee - Franchise Owner

I have been working at DirectBuy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Self-Employed. Good work environment. If franshise is doing well plenty of money and family time to go around.

Cons

No national advertising. Corporate office doesnt provide effective marketing plans, field sales, benefits, credit card processing, or any other tangible help. Leaves you on your own once you have made it through their "business school."

Advice to Management

More stability in the corporate office. More colaboration for benefits, and other things pertaining to franchise owners.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Directbuy Inc. Home furnishing club

Current Employee - Assistant Bookkeeper in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
    Current Employee - Assistant Bookkeeper in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I have been working at DirectBuy full-time

Pros

I have learnt a lot from my supervisor and utilized the knowledge she gave me. I am working here for 2 years and I have always been given nice supports by my higher authorities.

Cons

There is always improper communication between 2 departments. Mistakes are excused. Employees are mistreated and disrespected.

2. Great place to learn people skills!

Current Employee - PR Director
    Current Employee - PR Director

I have been working at DirectBuy

Pros

With the training at DirectBuy, you learn many valuable skills to interact and conduct business with varied types of people and professions. As a young person, I was immediately able to hone professional sales skills with elder doctors, attorneys, business leaders and many other experienced people. The earning rewards are good and you are truly helping people at the same time. Great schedule for some people.

Cons

Nights and weekends are the most valuable times to be there, so a "family life" is non existent. Like many sales positions- the economy is making earnings volatile- this is not for the "hourly pay me" mentality worker.