Disability Group

www.disabilitygroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Disability Group

Fun place to work and I like what I do

Current Employee - Case Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Disability Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am fairly new and have made a lot of friends already. I like learning about the law all the medical terminology.

Cons

It is hard to deal with the mentally disabled clients sometimes.

Hire more people so we can help more clients.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Disability Group (View Most Recent)

Not great pay, but a job that makes a difference.

Current Employee - Case Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Disability Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are not many jobs out there where you actually make a difference in people's lives. The company knows we work hard and does some cool things for us like Wii tournaments, company picnics and casual days.

Cons

So much work to do since we have so many clients. Challenged to get all work done in an 8 hour day.

Continue to help us find more ways to win our cases.

Somebody should launch a class action lawsuit against this company

Former Employee - Case Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Disability Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The capacity to help people
    Solid business plan
    Some very strong employees who deserve to work for a better company

Cons

General managerial ineptitude and ignorance
    Mismanaged / overloaded case loads
    Emphasis on customer service over case management

Overall, I was very disappointed in the way we were expected to manage the cases of the disabled individuals that we were supposed to help. The competitive advantage of Disability Group versus other disability law firms was customer service. But case loads remain very high, and while the customers get good service outwardly, the management of the case load suffers.

My personal experience was that I inherited a highly mismanaged case load. The assistant manager in charge of me was very confident in my abilities and understood that my numbers would be low. However, he was promoted and the manager that took over my case load did not spend any time trying to understand the challenges of my case load and just looked at the numbers.

When I pointed out that my case load was highly mismanaged and that I needed her to take the time to understand that, she took offense and immediately threatened my job. After two subsequent meeting conducted out of the office, she gave me a week to improve. Knowing this would be impossible, I resigned and picked up a new job.

Overall, the man who owned the company and whose name we all "signed" when we sent out letters was rarely in the office and has no idea what is going on in the daily operations. The office politics are very grade school.

If the clients who were dropped just before their trial were to file a class action lawsuit against this company they would probably win. The management of their cases would not hold up under scrutiny.

Company's like this are a waste of federal money because they just make they take on as many clients as they can, have lax screening processes, and further overload already understaffed social security offices.

There should be higher standards for disability companies such as Disability Group. They should at least make the disability process more efficient by doing a better job of screening out people who are clearly not disabled. However, the incentive structure is to take on as many clients and collect as much tax payer money as possible.

Economically this place is not efficient. And as a business, this place is not efficient.

Take leadership courses
    Take a more active role in case loads

There are newer employer reviews for Disability Group