Discount Car and Truck Rentals

www.discountcar.com
  www.discountcar.com
There are newer employer reviews for Discount Car and Truck Rentals

Stressful place to work, be prepared for angry customers.

Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in Montreal, QC (Canada)
Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Discount Car and Truck Rentals

Pros

Its easy when you know the job and there is something new every day. Problem resolution is part of day to day operations and you can make a lot of commission if you're good at it.

Cons

When i worked there , i was a student. They were not flexible with the work hours when i needed to work a different day. There is also a lot of disorganisation, and they need to get organised. Their mision is to provide an exellent costumer service and is not always the case because somethimes there is no cars to rent for customers who reserved the car 4 weeks in advance. I think is a shame! If you can handle the stress of an unhappy customer every 2 hours per day, then is probably something for you.

Get organised and fast!

61 Other Employee Reviews for Discount Car and Truck Rentals (View Most Recent)

Don't get sucked in to this colt. You'll thank me later

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Discount Car and Truck Rentals

Pros

If you need a job to pay the basic bills then this is a good place. You get to learn insurance field tasks, and sharpen up your customer service ability.

Cons

You don't have any support from the management, your left to hang dry when the problems become too much to handle. When your doing 110% your left feeling like it's not enough. The company needs to work better with their staff, so the company can grow. Everyone is thinking for themself, and is willing to throw you to the dogs before they help you out.

No company will work, if you think employee's are a dime a dozen

Not a great place to worker if your in the call centre

Former Employee - Leisure Sales Call Centre Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Discount Car and Truck Rentals

Pros

The only good reason to work for Discount is if you need a summer job with decent bonus pay.

Cons

I worked in the call centre which was a very stressful environment. Most of my fellow co-workers did not last throughout their contract till the end of the summer. I was the last person in my group who started from the very beginning when my contract was over. You feel like every single move you make is being watched and when you do make a mistake they replay your telephone conversation so that all other employees can hear you. It is quite discouraging and humiliating.

Be more friendly since most of senior management alienated all the workers.

There are newer employer reviews for Discount Car and Truck Rentals