living the dream

Current Employee - Work Flow Assistant Manager  in  Baytown, TX
Current Employee - Work Flow Assistant Manager in Baytown, TX

I have been working at Discount Tire Company

Pros

discount trains you to be promoted, we want all of our employees to get promoted everyone to be a manager, but you have to want it, you have to want the dream. if your not interested as a full time job come get experience as a part timer. plus we have all the fun everyone else is missing out on.

Cons

as a full timer you have to work alot of hours the pay is great, and you have fun so its worth it.

keep going the route of training within our four walls, dont always go for the pretty boy that can sell he cant help the in the bays, plus TXH region just kicks A**

Other Reviews for Discount Tire Company

I love working with the guys i work with, always say i do a good job and they always shake my hand

Current Employee - Service Tech  in  Joliet, IL
    Current Employee - Service Tech in Joliet, IL

I have been working at Discount Tire Company

Pros

you get to meet new people everyday, and everyday is a new challenge, I always have a good time from the time i clock in to the time i clock out, it feels good to actually have fun at a job i love doing and hey, everybody needs tires

Cons

theres not much to say except the hours that get cut but its expected when we are in the slow season

i would say keep up the good work and keep learning new stuff everyday, always be willing to help every customer that walks through the door

Very hard to move up in the company.

Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Discount Tire Company

Pros

Best Tire company to work for. They are the biggest and most profitable company for selling tires. If you can make it on low pay for the first year, then this company will be good for you. They give out trips and cash to make you want to do better at work.

Cons

I was with the company for 10 years and never felt like I was in the good old boys crew. I was passed up on many job promotions and the only way I got into upper managment was because I made them a LOT of money. My marketing idea showed to bring $500,000 per day in extra money. I got a $150 gift card for that idea, I'm sorry but that just didn't sit right with me and still didn't get a promotion out of that. They will put guys into a management spots that should never be.

OK company to work for but I would not try to retire from this company. It might be fun for about 5 years but after that you will have to move on. To get out of the retail store's and move to regioinal, it will take 15-20 years!

There are newer employer reviews for Discount Tire Company.

Worked for Discount Tire Company? Contribute to the Community!