Discount Tire Company

living the dream

Current Employee - Work Flow Assistant Manager in Baytown, TX
Current Employee - Work Flow Assistant Manager in Baytown, TX

I have been working at Discount Tire Company

Pros

discount trains you to be promoted, we want all of our employees to get promoted everyone to be a manager, but you have to want it, you have to want the dream. if your not interested as a full time job come get experience as a part timer. plus we have all the fun everyone else is missing out on.

Cons

as a full timer you have to work alot of hours the pay is great, and you have fun so its worth it.

keep going the route of training within our four walls, dont always go for the pretty boy that can sell he cant help the in the bays, plus TXH region just kicks A**

90 Other Employee Reviews for Discount Tire Company (View Most Recent)

Very hard to move up in the company.

Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Discount Tire Company

Pros

Best Tire company to work for. They are the biggest and most profitable company for selling tires. If you can make it on low pay for the first year, then this company will be good for you. They give out trips and cash to make you want to do better at work.

Cons

I was with the company for 10 years and never felt like I was in the good old boys crew. I was passed up on many job promotions and the only way I got into upper managment was because I made them a LOT of money. My marketing idea showed to bring $500,000 per day in extra money. I got a $150 gift card for that idea, I'm sorry but that just didn't sit right with me and still didn't get a promotion out of that. They will put guys into a management spots that should never be.

OK company to work for but I would not try to retire from this company. It might be fun for about 5 years but after that you will have to move on. To get out of the retail store's and move to regioinal, it will take 15-20 years!

The hiring process.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Discount Tire Company

Pros

Stress free environment. Stay in shape.

Cons

Hot summers, cold winters. You get really really dirty, even for an assistant manager.

You have to work your way up, if you come in from the outside you don't get any respect, until you prove yourself.

There are newer employer reviews for Discount Tire Company