Best Company I've Ever Worked For

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Comstock Park, MI
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Comstock Park, MI

I worked at Discount Tire full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent Pay, Great Benefits, Non-Commission Sales, Friendly Work Environment. A company that really cares about and looks after it's employees.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything negative about working for Discount Tire Co. The pay, benefits, and everything else were great.

Advice to Management

This company was built with an attitude of taking care of customers. When the bottom line becomes more important than how your employees interact with the people that come through the door, you will lose more customers and some of your most dedicated employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Discount Tire

1. Perfect highschool job

Former Employee - Tire Tech in Texas City, TX
    Former Employee - Tire Tech in Texas City, TX

I worked at Discount Tire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work ethic actually reflects on the check stub (hard workers are rewarded) most of the time. Easy job to maintain even as a highschool student (and not every HS student has the opportunity to drive a Jaguar!!! no matter how brief). Fast paced, competetive, mostly friendly and forgiving of the clumsy.

Cons

Management wasn't very good with preventing employee conflicts having to do with payrates (someone snuck through the files). Favoritism fed to co-workers "power of influence" for personal gain. No matter what I ate..... I couldn't gain an ounce.....

Advice to Management

None.

2. When you can't take it a minute more, they sweeten things up.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Roy, UT
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Roy, UT

I worked at Discount Tire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay for a high school student or graduate. Generous bonuses. Advancement opportunities for any hardworking, committed employee. Good benefits for full-time employees.

Cons

If you are able to acquire a position as an assistant manager, you are paid a salary instead of hourly. You will be required to work no less than 44 hours a week. At my store, we averaged 50. After promotion, I made LESS money every hour.