Discover

www.discoverfinancial.com
  www.discoverfinancial.com
There are newer employer reviews for Discover

Great Place but you better kiss the right behind

Former Employee - Transaction Coordinator in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Transaction Coordinator in Irvine, CA

I worked at Discover full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Benefits, wonderful PTO nice work place

Cons

The good old boy network
If you don't kiss the right behind you get no where they will promote someone who is not qualified over a qualified individual if that person kissed the right behind.

Start advancing the people who work hard and have the experience, instead of those that make u feel good.

543 Other Employee Reviews for Discover (View Most Recent)

They take care of you.

Current Employee - Hiring Manager in West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - Hiring Manager in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Discover full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Generous paid time off
    Tuition Reimbursement
    Fun Atmosphere

Cons

Base pay is not as high as competitors

Sad and Gloomy

I have been working at Discover full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They have multiple spots to get food on their campus that are actually pretty good, lots of paid time off.

Cons

First off, you are required to take a drug test and fingerprints after you are hired (which is normal), however, I had to wait 2 hours just to get my fingerprints taken because you need an escort to go anywhere in the building if you don't have a badge yet and my hiring manager said she didn't feel like walking over to the other building to do that. Yes, that is literally what she said. So I sat there for 2 hours, without even going to the restroom because the security guard was extremely rude and wouldn't allow it without an escort. Mind you, this was after an hour and a half commute from the city.

You are also required to sit in on a class about the building and security during the first week. The security guards roam the campus looking for anything suspicious. You're not even allowed to leave your cellphone out on your desk. Yes, there is a great sense of safety here, but it's also pretty unsettling.

Most people seem to be happy and nice on the surface. There was a very nice and young talented girl who moved to the area with a contract to hire position and they let her go after a week without an explanation. They didn't even have the courage to say it to her face. They sent her an email on a Friday after she had left work. I found this absolutely revolting and cowardly.

I have found a better opportunity in the city and I am glad to be leaving this miserable place after 10 months.

There are newer employer reviews for Discover