DiscoverOrg

www.discoverorg.com
  www.discoverorg.com
There are newer employer reviews for DiscoverOrg

Fast-paced, rewarding work in a quickly growing company

Current Employee - Research in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is very successful, growing quickly, and constantly hiring and promoting from within. While no longer a start-up, the company makes efforts to bring employees from every department together often through hosted lunches, bowling nights and events celebrating sales and research successes – most recently the entire company celebrated reaching 93% direct dials on the Portland Spirit dinner cruise. Co-workers are close and get along well, with many getting together for drinks outside of work. The owners are very friendly, active in the company, and invested in their employees. One of the co-owners even has employees over for football on Sundays. Solid, affordable health insurance through Kaiser Permanente, dental through Willamette Dental, and Aflac is also offered. Extra hours available to research staff, casual dress for research and IT, PTO available, gift cards for projects completed well, lots of room for advancement as all lead research and management positions are promoted from within.

Cons

The workload can be overwhelming at times. Expectations are high and do shift as needs arise. The company has outgrown three buildings since I came on board, and as departments have grown, many employees have been shuffled and reshuffled into smaller work spaces, which can be frustrating. It would be nice if the company purchased a larger building so every department could once again be housed under one roof. Given funding, I am sure this is the plan.

Better communication with one another and delivery of a unified message to each department. A consistent performance review schedule so employees know where they stand and what their expectations are.

6 Other Employee Reviews for DiscoverOrg (View Most Recent)

No Dead Ends at DiscoverOrg

Current Employee - Senior Client Success Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Client Success Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work environment is top notch. I have worked at companies where everyone is watching out for their own self-interests. DiscoverOrg could not be more different. Everyone is supportive as opposed to combative and the success of the team is more important than the success of an individual.

Management is friendly and always has an open door. Ideas are welcomed and change (outside of the data collection method) is not feared. They take a hands on approach, providing a personal involvement with employees instead of standing on high dictating orders.

In addition, management rewards hard work and promotes from within as much as possible. A refreshing change from the "you've been here longest" mentality.

One of the biggest Pros is that you can believe in the service DiscoverOrg provides. When you can rely on facts as opposed to embellishments, you are in a good spot.

Cons

The only challenges are those that come with a rapidly expanding company. All good problems to have.

Really need a 401K. I plan on staying with this company as long as they will have me and would like some financial security in that decision.

Good To Work For

Current Employee - Research in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of the managers are pretty nice, and the executive who works in our building (Kirk) is very involved and fun to work with. Current office is pretty full, but I think they plan on moving us soon. Some departments seem to have room for growth, which is nice. My manager works well with my appointments, which is good.

Cons

~High management doesn't comment on our work much (our department anyways), and individuals in other departments don't seem to appreciate it either. A thank you after finding contacts on a short deadline would be nice.
    ~Communication period between most departments, mainly research to sales or account management, lacks severely.
    ~Each department is more or less its own ecosystem instead of an integrated unified company.There are cliques like college, we have our popular kids, geeks, jocks, preps and loners.
    ~Some perks differ from manager to manager. Rewards, birthday/work anniversaries, ect. Would be nice if again, people were on the same age.

Bring all managers to same page as far as what is going in on the company so that they can in turn inform the individuals below them.

There are newer employer reviews for DiscoverOrg