High Growth Potential

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For any company looking to nail down employee loyalty, they need to look at what DiscoverOrg has done. Managers are friendly and passionate about their jobs and treat everyone with the utmost respect. Never in my life have I felt like my employers actually cared about me until I got this job. Raises, promotions, and bonuses are performance based which keeps the team striving to do their best.

Cons

My work station changes quite a bit due to the growth of the company which is a bit of a pain but honestly, I could do the research in the hallway as long as I have a phone in hand.

Advice to Management

Keep up the personal touch!

Other Employee Reviews for DiscoverOrg

Fast-paced, rewarding work in a quickly growing company

Current Employee - Research in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Research in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is very successful, growing quickly, and constantly hiring and promoting from within. While no longer a start-up, the company makes efforts to bring employees from every department together often through hosted lunches, bowling nights and events celebrating sales and research successes – most recently the entire company celebrated reaching 93% direct dials on the Portland Spirit dinner cruise. Co-workers are close and get along well, with many getting together for drinks outside of work. The owners are very friendly, active in the company, and invested in their employees. One of the co-owners even has employees over for football on Sundays. Solid, affordable health insurance through Kaiser Permanente, dental through Willamette Dental, and Aflac is also offered. Extra hours available to research staff, casual dress for research and IT, PTO available, gift cards for projects completed well, lots of room for advancement as all lead research and management positions are promoted from within.

Cons

The workload can be overwhelming at times. Expectations are high and do shift as needs arise. The company has outgrown three buildings since I came on board, and as departments have grown, many employees have been shuffled and reshuffled into smaller work spaces, which can be frustrating. It would be nice if the company purchased a larger building so every department could once again be housed under one roof. Given funding, I am sure this is the plan.

Advice to Management

Better communication with one another and delivery of a unified message to each department. A consistent performance review schedule so employees know where they stand and what their expectations are.

Love it here.

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at DiscoverOrg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a wonderful company all around. They hire energetic and smart people that are fun to be around. The management is awesome and they let you know not only when you are doing poorly but when you are doing well too. Seriously an amazing company that I plan to grow with!

Cons

Sometimes the work can seem long and hard...but who doesn't love a good challenge!?

Advice to Management

Keep it up. You guys are seriously doing amazing at all levels. From my direct manager all the way up to the VPs and founders. All wonderful people who never fail to let you know what they expect from you and how you are doing.