Discovery Communications

corporate.discovery.com

Interesting Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Silver Spring, MD

ProsWell, I can say that it was good and it was bad. The good was that it was a great opportunity to work with a great group of people. Discovery offers a great mix of a corporate and fun environment.

ConsThe bad were the working hours with a lack of flexibility to be able to work alternate hours. Also, all of the people who are in important manager or director positions are not that great.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of you have no business being in management. If you are going to be in management please get educated on how to effectively and productively manage a human being.

Interesting place to gain major industry experience if you can handle the pace. Some headaches.

Production Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Discovery Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Smart, talented people who are passionate about creating very engaging, quality content.… Cons: Lots of layers to pass through during approval process. Some processes are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great experience, friendly people!

IT Systems Intern (Former Employee) Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Discovery Communications part-time for less than a year

Pros: I had a great time working as an intern at Discovery. The staff is very friendly. The people I interacted with were more than willing… Cons: Couldn't find a full-time job as they has no openings. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great work! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Discovery Communications.

Worked for Discovery Communications? Contribute to the Community!