Stay for the Experience, Leave for More Money and Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Project Analyst  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Project Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Discovia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overall, great people to work with, and a good place to gain experience in the eDiscovery industry.

Cons

Low pay and long hours. No clear career development path. Consequently, internal advancement can be steep and competitive.

No work life balance. A long term project management position is untenable for anyone hoping to have a life. There is no company culture.

Place more importance on getting results and doing a good job rather than politicking. Create a company culture, and promote a healthy work life balance rather than paying lip service to these ideas.

Other Reviews for Discovia

Niche industry, but best in class.

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Discovia

Pros

Intelligent managers, one of the best in the industry. Looking for innovative solutions and constantly improving performance internally and externally. Very thorough group always looking to produce the best quality product in the least amount of time.

Cons

Sales team is king. Lower level employees, while I was there, had low morale, but this I hope has changed. Close working quarters with everyone. The camaraderie is lacking, so it feels more tense, then I believe necessary, around the work place.

Create more avenues for success.

Great experience in a high-growth industry

I have been working at Discovia full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are extremely collegial, dedicated and committed to providing a high quality experience for our clients. I formed a ton of what I hope will be lasting friendships with my co-workers.

The company culture and values promoted by the senior leadership are genuinely aimed towards creating a positive experience for the staff and our clients. There is lots of visibility into the current state of the company and the direction they are headed.

There is a huge emphasis on training and personal career development. Lot's of potential for client interaction.

Despite moving through a period of extremely high growth where org structures changed frequently, they have settled in to a fairly stable period. The leadership are generally highly competent, committed, and receptive to input from across the business.

During the high-growth period, however, there were many people brought in who did not ultimately have a great fit in that type of company. The good news is most of them have transitioned out and have been replaced with people who are much better suited to the hours and demands of a litigation support vendor.

There are lots of opportunities to contribute. If you come in with a special skill set you can carve out a niche pretty easily.

The benefits started out pretty sparse when I arrived but have kept improving rapidly as the super nice HR folks have moved from a triage style recruiting/retention mode to a more stable environment.

Cons

It is the nature of the industry that the hours are pretty long.

The money is probably not the best you can find, but it is more than made up with top-notch colleagues and great firm culture.

Create more opportunities for career growth and incentives to retain top talent for decade. Expand senior leadership to include more formal input from the next tier of superstar contributors.

Recognize that there are a few people from the early years who are not well suited to their current roles. Find better ways of honoring their past heroics and loyalty, while making room for new talent to step in and take the business to the next level.

There are newer employer reviews for Discovia.

Worked for Discovia? Contribute to the Community!