There are newer employer reviews for Dishcrawl

Opportunity to grow at a startup

Current Employee - Brand Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Brand Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Dishcrawl full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Team works closely together - You like all the people you work with - Management gives you a lot of independence - Part of a fast growing startup - Fun team building activities - Everyone on the team respects each other - You get to be a part of something new and interesting

Cons

- Long hours are sometimes hard

Other Employee Reviews for Dishcrawl

Dishcrawl needs to take care of its Ambassadors more

Current Employee - Ambassador
    Current Employee - Ambassador

I have been working at Dishcrawl part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Able to work from home -Get to meet lots of people during the event, work with restaurants, and eat yummy food

Cons

-Lonely without coworkers -Unrealistic expectations -Hardly get paid for the hours you put in

Advice to Management

Just be more up front with people that apply. You make Dishcrawl out to be this great place that has paid training and will offer you a full time job with base pay and commission when in actuality it is not like that. You are promising things you cannot yet give. I say yet because I do have faith in the company but it needs to shape up. Your company is growing quickly but by not giving back to the people below who support you, sooner or later you will collapse. I understand it's a start up but we are literally working many hours for pennies here and you will develop a scam-like reputation and go down the drain if you don't start tinkering with your budget. Just a word of advice for people who want to apply to be an Ambassador: on the application it says "Paid Training" but what that actually means is that it is unpaid training for 5 weeks and then you only get 30% commission from your first event (probably a little over $100) for many hours of work. If you can deal with that, then hop on board and come be a part of an exciting start up. If you need to pay for living expenses, then keep looking because you won't survive if this is your only job.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Dishcrawl full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent work environment. Everyone pulls their own weight as we build our careers together. A fast growing, exciting start-up. I love talking about food with everyone.

Cons

No catered lunches. Bring your own computer.