Dishcrawl

dishcrawl.com

Not the fairytale 'Silicon Valley Start-Up' they portray

Brand Manager (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsOne of the biggest things they will sell to new and current employees is that Dishcrawl is an “exciting growing startup!” I gained a lot of experience and got to wear many different "hats" so to speak. You are welcome to run with an idea that you have. Getting to work with ambassadors and see their growth is also very rewarding.

Environment is casual and snacks are available at HQ.

ConsWhat Dishcrawl is as a company is ever changing. While growth and being adaptive to market changes is expected with a start-up, focus is severely needed at Dishcrawl. They use the “its a start-up!” excuse for all of their changes internally (which are abundant) and use it as a crutch to cover up their problems.

Communication is poor and severely lacking and is a direct reflection of the upper management. There is no clear goal, the ever-changing directions of the company are not made clear to the small team, and projects are scrapped without cause or follow-through. This also makes for a very confused brand identity in the market and to customers.

Unrealistic expectations are set for the team without even being properly communicated. Be prepared for lots of new ideas from the CEO that don’t follow-through or succeed. Job security is non-existent as many people in the company, in HQ and ambassadors, have been laid off.

Like others have mentioned, bring your own laptop and use your personal cell phone for business calls.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus. Ever see a flock of birds scrambling to find their way? You’re still scrambling.

Terrible leadership and policies

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

I worked at Dishcrawl full-time for less than a year

Pros: If you work at the HQ in San Jose you… Cons: Employees are not clearly told what is expected of them. The pay is much less than they tell you it will be. There… Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees better if you want your business to grow. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not a good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Dishcrawl

Pros: Free food sometimes at headquarters Cons: Taken advantage of, were not compliant with labor laws. Advice to Senior Management: Need to really review the way you treat employees and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Dishcrawl.

Worked for Dishcrawl? Contribute to the Community!