Dishcrawl
dishcrawl.com Cupertino, CA 6 to 15 Employees

This was a panic-attack inducing waste of my time and money.

Ambassador (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

ProsLearn how to use Twitter from a business standpoint.

ConsNo base salary, little to no money after that, crazy expectations, pyramid-scheme like business model. As ambassador, you put together a dining tour completely for free for five weeks. Don't expect more than 30% of the commission, EVER. That all goes to Dishcrawl HQ in California, when all they do is "coach" you (read: tell you to be more active on Twitter) over Skype.

If your first tour succeeds, then they start expecting more and more of you—more dining tours in more neighborhoods, and you'll incur lots of travel costs if you live in a big city like me that you'll never be reimbursed for. Next comes huge events like "Neighborfood" and "Taco Camp" that involve even more restaurants getting paid even less money, and you'll also be expected to find venues with cash bars for free, free tequila sponsors, etc.

Perhaps the worst part of this business plan is that they expect you to "launch" Dishcrawl in your city without so much of a dime of paid marketing or promotion, meaning it's your job to find newspapers, blogs, TV and radio stations, etc. to promote your event (again, for free). Even in a bigger city, you'll eventually run out of outlets to pitch this to—and then how are you supposed to sell tickets and get the word out? Twitter only gets you so far. The company will make you feel like this is your failure, and I personally also felt like I was letting the restaurants down, because they get a tiny profit margin and barely any promotion, even if the event sells out.

The ticket price is a good value for customers, and that's where the positives end. Oh, and headquarters is made up of a small handful of people who seemed almost brainwashed by the CEO, they have an aura of being outwardly kind but are absolutely cold and unyielding beneath the surface.

Advice to Senior ManagementRethink everything in your business model, and pay your employees. You're a novelty that wears off quickly, and you're neglecting that fact at your own peril.

Not the fairytale 'Silicon Valley Start-Up' they portray

Brand Manager (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I worked at Dishcrawl full-time for less than a year

Pros: One of the biggest things they will sell to new and current employees is that Dishcrawl is an “exciting growing startup!” I gained a lot… Cons: What Dishcrawl is as a company is ever changing. While growth and being adaptive to market changes is expected with a start-up, focus is severely… Advice to Senior Management: Focus. Ever see a flock of birds scrambling to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Terrible leadership and policies

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I worked at Dishcrawl full-time for less than a year

Pros: If you work at the HQ in San Jose you… Cons: Employees are not clearly told what is expected of them. The pay is much less than they tell you it will be. There… Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees better if you want your business to grow. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Dishcrawl.

Worked for Dishcrawl? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dishcrawl reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dishcrawl CEO Tracy Lee. All reviews posted anonymously by Dishcrawl employees.