Dishcrawl

www.dishcrawl.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Dishcrawl

Most disorganized employer ever.

Former Employee - Brand Manager in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Brand Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Dishcrawl full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of room for creativity, empowerment, and growth.

Cons

New things launched every week or so, little follow-through. Given conflicting tasks. 10-12 hour work days even during "non-peak" times (weeks without events). Unrealistic expectations from senior management, and being told to demand equally unrealistic things from employees (ambassadors).

Look at other start-ups in the Bay Area in terms of structure, compensation, product/city launches, and growth. Stop trying to half-ass a city launch. Take your time, research, and invest resources. You dont have a second chance for a first impression. Don't drop that massive load on a single person (Ambassador). Compensate employees adequately ("if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys to work for you"). Do not screw Ambassadors over by demanding too much and proving them too little compensation- many of them have strong ties in their community and the restaurant owners, you will never be welcome there again (as you may already know).

26 Other Employee Reviews for Dishcrawl (View Most Recent)

All of the opportunities & challenges of a start-up!

Current Employee - Ambassador
    Current Employee - Ambassador

I have been working at Dishcrawl full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A PT job with a lot of fun, food & freedom, and the opportunity to make a ton of great new connections in the restaurant and media community. As a FT employee, you have the chance to contribute at every level of growth, the sky is the limit! The team is super talented, and you will learn new things from your coworkers everyday!

Cons

You will work hard - this is a start-up, not a 9-5 corporate job. But if you are passionate about the concept and want to be a part of something big from the ground floor, you will love every minute of it!

Continue to make adjustments as you prepare for amazing growth!

Stress with a capital "S"

Former Employee - Ambassador
    Former Employee - Ambassador

I worked at Dishcrawl full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I got to get out around town on a daily basis and meet lots of people at events.

Cons

When I first began with the company (part-time), I was ecstatic and anxious to bring the concept to my city. After several successful events, I made the decision to go full-time and it wound up not being what I expected. I felt as if I was a prisoner and nothing I did was ever good enough. With multiple video calls each day, it was impossible to get things done. God forbid if I only tweeted 30 times a day instead of 40. I spent so much time and money on gas and marketing and never earned it back. After having a new boss every week and seeing so many people let go, I decided to leave and it was the best decision I ever made. If you love food, feel like wasting time and earning an income is not important, this is the job for you.

Get more of a structure in place and deliver on your promises. Invest in your employees and you will be successful. Nothing is worse than constant turnover. My heart aches for those that have been used, especially those that made moves from other states.

There are newer employer reviews for Dishcrawl