Worse than Jr. High!

I have been working at Disney ABC Cable

Pros

Silver Pass, Insurance for both dental/eye exams and medical adequate. Laid back work attire.

Cons

Pay is horrible and raises are embarrassing. PPR is a joke of a tool for employee performance. Supervisors/Managers are frequently abusive and un-caring. Overall, a gossip mill where people who don't deserve promotions get them and the ones that really work hard are ignored or worse even berated. Very abusive management in the area i work.

Advice to Management

Stop and treat your employees like a PERSON. Give them encouragement and praise and rewards for doing a good job. Bonuses should not just go to management and EVP's should not be able to expense 20 cents for their parking!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Over all, pretty good. The pay is lower than other places, but the job security and Medical benefits are pretty good.

I have been working at Disney ABC Cable

Pros

I like a good challenge and my work delivers something new every day. When I know my work is being seen all around the world it is a very satisfying feeling.

Cons

Because of the lower pay here, they can only attract lower quality management. The system set in place to evaluate employees is totally worthless and seems to have no effect on how people are promoted.

Advice to Management

Please take some management courses! The company will pay for it! Try to be more in touch with what is going on around you be for making decisions.

2. Research Analyst

I have been working at Disney ABC Cable

Pros

Their pay is comparable to others in the industry. Perks are decent, including medical and 401k. Free trips to Disneyland and Disney stores.

Cons

Politics of how a corporation is run.

Advice to Management

Hire more capable people to work in the company.