There are newer employer reviews for Disney ABC Television

It's all smoke and mirrors...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Disney ABC Television

Pros

The only benefit of the company is recieving complimentary admission to Disney theme parks.

Cons

There is a lot of favoritism that goes on in this company. No one even tries to hide it. The more work you are responsible for the less credit you recieve. It's really hard to get promotions and raises unless you are your manager's favorite employee.

The best employees will continue to leave unless greater strides are made to improve employee morale. There are no incentives to work harder or improve the company. From the outside looking in it must seem like a great place to work, but the company rests on their name and brand. There is no magic within.

79 Other Employee Reviews for Disney ABC Television (View Most Recent)

Proud to be a part of it but broke my spirit

Former Employee - Director  in  Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Burbank, CA

I worked at Disney ABC Television

Pros

The brand is by far the best reason to work here. It's also nice to work on known properties - many are good, some not so good. The park trips are a great perk especially when you realize that people save their whole lives to go on trips to disneyland or disney world.

Cons

Leadership leadership leadership. There is no value on making people in leadership roles be good leaders. This is so common in companies though, someone is good at their work or in their field and they are promoted to a management role and are not prepared, do not care, are not held accountable. So good talent leaves and the bad leader stays.

Hold leaders and employees accountable to work to appropriate standards in given job, whether its tactical or management. Be wary of leaders bringing their cronies along for the ride. Be willing to take some deliberate planned risks to really make disney abc great.

Great benefits, pay, and experience

Current Employee - Intern  in  Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Orange, CA

I have been working at Disney ABC Television

Pros

It is one of the best internships I have ever experienced, also the highest paying internship. The experience may be a little tedious, but there is definitely room to grow. Tip: Ask questions, the management team loves to see someone eager to learn+passionate

Cons

Respect comes a long way, sometimes when someone in a high position notices you are intern, they take advantage of it. I've made numerous numbers of copies, sat on the computer trying to fix minor ms power point/ word problems because no one else wants to do it.

If the recruiters in HR promises to 'help' get you employment within the company after your internship, they should really try to help--and just because we are interns at an established company, I think its nice to treat us with respect, instead of 'professional slaves'

There are newer employer reviews for Disney ABC Television

Worked for Disney ABC Television? Contribute to the Community!