Disney Consumer Products

www.disneyconsumerproducts.com
  www.disneyconsumerproducts.com
There are newer employer reviews for Disney Consumer Products

DCP was a great learning experience, but the overall apathy and clique-ishness towards freelancers were a turn-off.

Former Employee - Central Creative - Designer in Glendale, CA
Former Employee - Central Creative - Designer in Glendale, CA

I worked at Disney Consumer Products as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

If you are interested in learning the convoluted political inner-workings of a global mega-brand - this is where to find it! It was fascinating to learn about the constant clashes between the lines of business and studio. DCP requires high-level problem solving skills and solid soft skills.

Cons

Longterm cast members have a jaundiced eye towards any newcomers or freelancers. Be prepared to be silo'd off or excluded at first...

Management should take credit for hiring the right person instead of trying to hog ALL the accolades for themselves. Giving credit where credit is due inspires loyalty and continued work excellence amongst your charges.

78 Other Employee Reviews for Disney Consumer Products (View Most Recent)

Worst culture I've ever worked in

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Disney Consumer Products as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Um.... the drive wasn't too bad. Wait, actually the drive sucked too.

Cons

Man years ago, between IT jobs, I worked for 2 weeks in the cels division of the "mouse". I was called in to fix a spreadsheet botched by one of the managers - a blatant affirmative action hire that corporate had obviously stuffed into a harmless corner of the company.

This idiot had entered serial numbers with leading zeroes as having the letter "O" instead. Naturally this wreaked havoc with sorting and every other data feature. He'd done this THOUSANDS OF TIMES, and couldn't figure out what was wrong.

I came in as an expert to fix it. I needed some online documentation for excel in order to do so. I went on their LAN (this is pre-internet) and found it. The fact that I'd gone and done this became some huge problem, and I got shown the door.

The whole time there I worked in this windowless bungalow with horrible air where everyone was sick all the time. I was very happy to leave (I shortly picked up a real programming job).

Keep extending those copyright laws.

Crazytown

Former Employee - Marketing Creative
    Former Employee - Marketing Creative

I worked at Disney Consumer Products full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Look, it's Disney. It's the greatest brand in the world and it's important to people in a way that no other brand is. The benefits are very good. The individual people at the lower levels are some of the best, most talented people I've ever worked with.

Cons

They pay a lot of lip service to work-life balance, to career advancement and so on, but they don't live up to it. It's an accepted truism there that the only way to be promoted is to leave and come back. The politics are noxious and cultish displays of right thinking are more valued than good work. Layoff after layoff has devastated morale and increased workloads, and the current management seems to have little idea of what they're doing other than wrecking everything for the sake of making their mark. Communication failures are endemic, turf battles between divisions and vice presidents are the order of the day.

Back up your words about how important the employees are with some tangible evidence that you actually appreciate them.

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Consumer Products