Disney Interactive Studios

disney.go.com
  disney.go.com
There are newer employer reviews for Disney Interactive Studios

It's my first industry experience with a lot of OT.

Current Employee - Grad Software Engineer Intern in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Grad Software Engineer Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Disney Interactive Studios as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

You will have an experience of a big organized company life. The facility is very satisfactory and you get a lot of benefit from the company.

Cons

It's pretty project driven, even sometimes serious overtime. It's a little lack of flexibility.

111 Other Employee Reviews for Disney Interactive Studios (View Most Recent)

A guessing game

Former Employee - Animator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Animator in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Disney Interactive Studios full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people, fun projects, potential for growth.

Cons

Management is all over the place, the actual facilities are extremely lacking

Inspire and reward hard work more often

Toxic, oppressive, horrific

Current Employee - Vice President Creative in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Creative in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Disney Interactive Studios full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Get to see how the Disney machine operates. Learn valuable lessons about how NOT to run a business. There is a very, very small group of talented people -- but they're on the way out.

Cons

Quite literally the most toxic, hostile and unhealthy environment I've seen. During annual employee feedback the statistically overwhelming complaint is professional oppression yet it's ignored. Work/life balance is horrible. Complaints of verbal abuse are common but HR is completely disengaged. Lying and backstabbing to get ahead are so common they are expected and engrained in the culture. Being disrespectful and harsh is encouraged as a motivational tool by some senior execs. The pay is comically low. A VP here is equivalent to a senior manager at a tech company. SVP = a Director, etc. Entrenched dinosaurs are everywhere and hold on to dated ideas of "leadership" and control. Incompetence breeds incompetence here and it's everywhere. The ratio of talent to dead weight is rapidly deteriorating. Promotions are politically motivated. It's simply a train wreck of an organization.

As part of the exec team I see a chance to turn this around but we must rid ourselves of the poisonous influences. It's painfully obvious to all who needs to go. How much of the top talent has to leave before the cancer is removed? Imagine how the group would perform with actual leadership. You can't buy loyalty or respect through promotions and raises. Adhere to the currently hollow values we hang on our walls and stop the hostility and abuse.

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Interactive Studios