Disney Interactive Studios
disney.go.com Glendale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Politics get in the way of great products

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros- Being part of a well-known and respected brand
- Perks (Disneyland is free, discounts on all merchandise)
- Interesting projects
- Travel budget
- Friendly coworkers

Cons- Management abandons projects and changes their "strategy" every 3 months
- Politics between studios, e.g. "the engineering team rejected another Disney studio's poor software solution, but if we use it anyway that other studio will like us better and we can then take over their projects! (Just like they took over our project last year..)"
- Design by committee - usually a committee that is not familiar with the project. Slows down development and leads to mediocre results.
- Project decisions are made behind closed doors, direct communication between studios is discouraged unless it goes through approved managers.
- Promotions appear to be completely random; sometimes rewarding talented individuals, other times promoting slackers.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is not a one-way street; if you hire competent engineers it is well worth eliciting their feedback before starting yet another project which inexplicably fails to meet an arbitrary deadline created by the marketing department.

finance

I have been working at Disney Interactive Studios full-time for more than a year

Pros: brand new building. open environment. free snacks/coffee/beverages. free pizza every… Cons: Not a lot of opportunity to grow. Lots of layoffs.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A giant sinking ship

Artist (Former Employee)
    Glendale, CA

I worked at Disney Interactive Studios full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - WDC as a company in general have great benefits and perks since they are a family company - WDC as a company actually care deeply… Cons: I've been at Disney Interactive close to 6 years to see all the BS that went down with the company. Ever since there terrible two… Advice to Senior Management: You should be ashamed yourselves. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Disney Interactive Studios.

Worked for Disney Interactive Studios? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Disney Interactive Studios reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Disney Interactive Studios CEO James Pitaro. All reviews posted anonymously by Disney Interactive Studios employees.