There are newer employer reviews for Disney Interactive Studios

Good, hard-working people; modest investment in quality games

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Disney Interactive Studios full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of the people I work with are intelligent, well-intentioned, and talented, and pretty easy to get along with. That makes a huge difference. People work hard but few stay late, a healthy work-life balance that is fully respected by management. Everybody's free to show their natural colors, whatever those may be. And if you like gaming, the job definitely has a fun side.

The place is comfortable with the usual perks of a tech industry office: food and beverages, rec room with pool table etc, nice and well-maintained facilities, solid IT help desk support. Small gym in the building.

Cons

Infrastructure that supports data and games is understaffed and underfunded. The database is notoriously slow and breaks often. Quality control on game releases is not rigorous enough, and some games launch loaded with problems that game teams and central teams then spend a lot of time fixing.

I'm sure pressures from above are to get the games out fast. That's the nature of the market, perhaps, but it detracts from the daily experience of working there. I'd like to spend more time building quality products and doing rigorous analysis, and less time fighting fires.

98 Other Employee Reviews for Disney Interactive Studios (View Most Recent)

The best I had so far

I have been working at Disney Interactive Studios

Pros

Great people, great benefits, great salary

Cons

Management can be sometimes slow at making decisions

Interesting place to work; but the company makes too many senseless decisions and does not have a success business plan

I worked at Disney Interactive Studios full-time

Pros

- great working within the Walt Disney Company
    - co-workers were some of the best people I have ever met

Cons

- executive management did not follow thru on steps for improving the working environment
    - departments did not collaborate effective or at all with one another
    - certain executives promoted favoritism versus embracing company's core values when it came to employees

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Interactive Studios

Worked for Disney Interactive Studios? Contribute to the Community!