Disney Interactive Studios

disney.go.com

Good, hard-working people; modest investment in quality games

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsMost of the people I work with are intelligent, well-intentioned, and talented, and pretty easy to get along with. That makes a huge difference. People work hard but few stay late, a healthy work-life balance that is fully respected by management. Everybody's free to show their natural colors, whatever those may be. And if you like gaming, the job definitely has a fun side.

The place is comfortable with the usual perks of a tech industry office: food and beverages, rec room with pool table etc, nice and well-maintained facilities, solid IT help desk support. Small gym in the building.

ConsInfrastructure that supports data and games is understaffed and underfunded. The database is notoriously slow and breaks often. Quality control on game releases is not rigorous enough, and some games launch loaded with problems that game teams and central teams then spend a lot of time fixing.

I'm sure pressures from above are to get the games out fast. That's the nature of the market, perhaps, but it detracts from the daily experience of working there. I'd like to spend more time building quality products and doing rigorous analysis, and less time fighting fires.

The best I had so far

I have been working at Disney Interactive Studios

Pros: Great people, great benefits, great salary Cons: Management can be sometimes slow at making decisions Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Neutral Review

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Glendale, CA

I have been working at Disney Interactive Studios full-time for more than a year

Pros: Getting into Disneyland free, and good pay. (only after highballing… Cons: Inability to scope a project, sudden layoffs of dedicated employess. (I was brought on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Disney Interactive Studios.

Worked for Disney Interactive Studios? Contribute to the Community!