There are newer employer reviews for Disney Interactive Studios

Working at DIS inspired my creativity every day and allowed me to flourish as a designer.

Former Employee - Associate Game Designer in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Associate Game Designer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Disney Interactive Studios full-time

Pros

Great Benefits, Competitive Pay, great team and rewarding projects to work on

Cons

Occasional long hours and upper management has changed a lot lately which makes everyone nervous.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Place to Work

Current Intern - Project Manager in Glendale, CA
    Current Intern - Project Manager in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Disney Interactive Studios as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, Talented people. Free Pizza on Fridays, frequent events. And it's Disney if that floats your boat - albeit not as magical as working in the parks I'd imagine

Cons

Not much. The massive layoffs in March put a big damper on the spirits of the company, but they quickly moved to make sure that those that were let go had an opportunity to find employment either within Disney or elsewhere. The PR and HR efforts afterwards helped put the division back on track with a more streamlined direction.

I was miffed at how they treat the contractors though, just let them go by email/phone - they weren't even allowed one last day to come and pick up their stuff. Instead an HR person came and unceremoniously dumped their effects into a box to be shipped to them. Couldn't even say bye to people we've worked with and grown close to.

Started off with some great opportunities, went south with constant layoffs

Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Disney Interactive Studios full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working there with amazingly talented people. I found that I was able to grow when I showed interest in building a career. Of course Disney has some wonderful benefits too.

Cons

Constant threat of layoffs sent top talent packing and left many including myself unable to advance. Not knowing if your job was going to be there every 90 days made it difficult to live a life.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring so much temp labor just to lay them off within 2-3 years.
    Start listening to your lower management. They understand the business more than senior management.
    Leverage IP and stop trying to reinvent the division every 6 months.