Disney Parks & Resorts

Have to feel the magic

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts

Pros

Great discounts, get into the parks for free, have limited free days for guests, help create magic for people and MOST guests are very happy and nice. Most of my managers were great and helped me get days off when I needed, even did paperwork for me when I had a death and had to leave ASAP

Cons

Low pay, hard to get days off in advance because there are so many employees everything is computerized, obviously holidays are work days for employees, hard to move up/around of you don't know the protocol or the right people.

Disney is supposed to be a family company. Start worrying more about the families of your employees instead of just the monetary aspect 24/7

1171 Other Employee Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts

Pros

There is so much opportunity to move up here and the management treats you with respect. I loved working there. I would have never left if I didn't move overseas.

Cons

There wasn't a con, except that you are in an office. But so are most jobs!

Keep up the great work!

Great Place to work, if you don't mind the drama.

Former Employee - Merchandise Hostess in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Merchandise Hostess in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts

Pros

I LOVE Disney, so that is definitely a factor to consider. You got free admission for yourself and others, tons of discounts from outside companies like ATT and stuff. They had a nice credit union, and it was very fun to work there.

Cons

Very late hours, sometimes getting off at 3am, with no negotiation, if you left, you were in trouble. The points system was horrible. You're late a few times and you get a written, get a written and you can't apply for other opportunities or promotions. Very low pay, very low hours, parents suck, some locations was way too hot, getting from your car to your location was time costuming.

A lot of the managers are really nice and love Disney, but they are always too busy to get to you. You can call them and email them, but they almost always never get back to you unless you're a favorite.

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts