There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

happy place

Current Employee - Food & Beverage  in  Lake Buena Vista, FL
Current Employee - Food & Beverage in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

life, culture, imagination, dreams, childhood

Cons

drive time, drive time, drive!!!

1074 Other Employee Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts (View Most Recent)

Fun to visit, awful to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time

Pros

You get a gate pass for admission to theme parks, discounts on cruises, rooms, merchandise

Cons

Really an abusive company
    While it treats guests splendidly, it demeans and demoralizes its employees. Managers are not well trained.

Management already gets a great deal of work and dedication from its employees, however morale and effort would be enhanced by paying an equitable wage, treating employees as people, and get rid of the ridiculous multiple punishment matrices.

Good experience, but not an industry leader.

Former Employee - Concierge  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Concierge in Orlando, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free park admission, Discounts on food, merch, and hotels
    Affordable Health Insurance to meet your needs
    Diversity
    Union

Cons

Union can work for or against you
    Hours - Seniority rules.
    Pay - Google search Disney Union contact, it's public

The only reason i wasn't satisfied with my time at Disney was because I was being held back by my leadership team for reasons that were explained, but didn't make sense. I was looking to move up and for the 2 and a half years I was at WDW nothing I did seemed to satisfy or be right. I was bullied by management because of the perception of a few peers, and treated as if I wasn't good enough with the reasoning being I had poor interpersonal skills. These poor interpersonal skills were with a single person, not the entire team. I worked very hard and felt I moved up very fast in the time I was at WDW. In November I had the rug pulled completely out from under me by the leadership team (as did others), and I didn't feel it was a valuable use of my time just transfer and try another location I wanted to stay and make things right, but nothing I did seemed to make a difference in the eyes of the leadership team. At the time of my departure, I had requested to go seasonal as well, I was turned down because I was taking a full time job in another state, it was irrelevant to them that my boyfriend and my closest friends weren't going with me and I would definitely be back to fulfill the requirements. now, 2 months after I had taken that job, it didn't work out, and I'm completely separated from Disney, I've lost my seniority, and the raises I've earned in the last 3 years. I'll be returning to Orlando in less than a month to pursue employment, but because of the way the system works and the lack of pay(but never lack of hours), Disney will be my fall back plan as I hope to find a better paying job with support for advancement in Guest Services. I would hope management would read and take this to heart and make the changes necessary to make a more positive work environment for all.

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!