There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Former Employee - Applications Developer in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of perks and opportunities to be had such as park access, discounts on merchandise and surrounding businesses, and the ability to meet management and look for other jobs in the company.

Cons

Had to dress up more so than other technology companies, but other than that I can not really complain about much else

None, my management was great

1096 Other Employee Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts (View Most Recent)

Recreation, attractions, front desk. Started great ended very poorly

Current Employee - Lifeguard, ARP, Attractions, Front Desk in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Started off great in 2006, If FT paid vacation, sick days, floating holidays, med benefits and dental and vision are decent. When you get sick of a job you can transfer due to large company lines of business if you meet guidelines.

Cons

Horrible company to work for. Treated very poorly by management due to internal training and prmotions that are not merit based. Constantly treated like incompotent elementary school student becuase that's how disney trains their management to treat their cast. Large line of business has underqualfied people in over qualified positions due to the Companys mindset of games and internal promotion. No accountibility for management on any level, people constantly getting transfered or force transfered instead of terminated. Becuase the company is so large they treat cast however they want cause they don't care, and in this economy they know someone is waiting in line to take the job if the person that has it doens't want to be treated poorly. This is how the cast are treated, it's the "do this and like or else we'll get someone who will." This is why how and the company treats cast like crap. Difficult to move up with company. It isn't a place where you can work hard and be promoted anymore like how Al Wiess started as a CP and retired a Worldwide Ops. I ended my time with the company in 2011 and will never ever go back. Disneys labor violations due to management incompetence makes them 2nd in suits to wal mart. Working at MK was the worst exp I had with the company for location. Due to parking bus ride and tunnel time was all unpaid. 15mins before and after works adds up over a 40+ hour work week.

Bottom line is to just treat your cast with professionalism and respect that you expect to be treated with. Value the people you work with and that work for you, cause if they are constantly treated poorly it will takes is toll and transfer to every guest interaction the cast member has.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Casual Temporary in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Casual Temporary in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get to work with wonderful people. You get to work at the happiest place on earth.

Cons

The number of hours vary each week. Sometimes the guests are cranky after a long day. But overall a wonderful rewarding place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts