Disney Parks & Resorts

home.disney.go.com
  home.disney.go.com
There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Great for those that love Disney!

Former Employee - Attractions Operator in Anaheim, CA
Former Employee - Attractions Operator in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you love Disney you'll love working there. Otherwise for me, it was just a job for me to do to get off my butt and find a real job.
-FREE ADMISSION

Cons

Dealing with Guests was kind of a bad. I was in attractions which was ok, great seeing smiles on kids faces. Cons would be working parades/fireworks. You're just a walking light post.

1183 Other Employee Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts (View Most Recent)

Had a mostly magical time working for the mouse!

Former Employee - Research Specialist in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Former Employee - Research Specialist in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is so much room for growth! Many managers are interested helping you reach your goals within the company and will help point you in the right direction or get you talking with the right people. Park admission for you and your family is an awesome perk, even if the pay isn't spectacular.

Cons

Scheduling was my #1 issue. Some people enjoy working mornings, some people enjoy working evenings. Why not let people choose instead of demanding full availability? The points system isn't family friendly - if I'm out because one of my children gets sick and then they spread it to another, I could lose my job by the time my kids are well again. When I began working, I was nursing my infant. Though my management did their best to find good locations where I could pump milk for my baby, overall, the company does not make it easy for nursing mothers. I was often in someone's office, if they were gracious enough to allow me to use it, or some other unused room - most often in the nursing rooms in the parks.

Do what it takes to be more family friendly to your cast members, not just guests.

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of perks and opportunities to be had such as park access, discounts on merchandise and surrounding businesses, and the ability to meet management and look for other jobs in the company.

Cons

Had to dress up more so than other technology companies, but other than that I can not really complain about much else

None, my management was great

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts