Fun Place to work.

Former Employee - Qsr Cashier  in  Anaheim, CA
Former Employee - Qsr Cashier in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked in Quick Service Restaurants. The pay was great, my managers caring, great experience with everyone I worked with, got to meet new people every week. Most of the guest were great.

Cons

The only con i can think of is sometimes a guest can be pretty rude. Most are pretty nice, but every once in awhile you get one you can't handle, or maybe you can. I recommend that you can handle that.

Other Reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts

Disney experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time for less than a year

Pros

free pass to get in at any park

Cons

some managers and cast don't project the Disney way

managers and cast be more friendly and helpful

Great People and Culture, Lousy HR

Current Employee - IT Contractor  in  Lake Buena Vista, FL
    Current Employee - IT Contractor in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

First of all I love Disney. For the most part, people are conscientiously striving to improve guest experiences. The Four Keys of Safety, Courtesy, Efficiency and Show are embraced and acted upon daily. For the most part, employers at Disney are collaborative, engaged and make magic happen daily. There's also an ability to take a TA or temporary assignment in different areas. So, say you work in Food & Beverage, if you're interested in say Park Operations, you can apply to a TA position in that area. Then later, you might decide to explore Entertainment. There's always a lot of movement within the organization and internationally. There's nothing quite like watching a family have an amazing and fun day.

Cons

HR or Casting has become a dictatorship. It's almost impossible to get a position in your field if you're coming in from the outside. I've heard stories of people who were VP's in other industries approaching Disney and being offered low-paying 3rd shift positions. Apparently, Disney's approach to staffing is akin to saying to an experienced software engineer. "Sorry, there's no openings in IT but we can put you to work at minimum wage selling hot dogs!" The only way to get a promotion or salary increase is to leave for another position, then when management realizes they need you, they'll bring you back at a higher salary. I estimate over half of the 55,000 people in Orlando are contractors, temps or outsourced. People are frequently promoted to positions they're not remotely qualified for but since they knew someone in the department, they get the role. The salaries are way below market. In 2009, Disney laid off some 5,000 people. They way they handled this layoff was to call people into HR and march them out with a guard through the public areas. It was stressful and embarassing for both the laid-off workers and the ones left behind. My impression and that of others was that they primarily laid off older workers with enough 18-year olds thrown in to skew the age average. Disney's very clever that way, understanding the limit to which they can push the laws using contractors and firing older workers.

Convert your contractors to full-time. Your employees don't trust you and know you only care about your bonuses.

There are newer employer reviews for Disney Parks & Resorts.

Worked for Disney Parks & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!